WhatsApp is an online messaging platform where text messages, Media, and documents are exchanged between two or more users. WhatsApp needs to be linked to a phone number to get activated and does need a network connection to be used.
Ideally, WhatsApp chat history is meant to be safe and accessible for a very long time, but at the same time, it can be lost. Out of all the factors that can cause you to lose your chat history, let’s see how we Will Lose our Whatsapp Conversations if we Change the active Phone Number.
Will I Lose My Whatsapp Conversations if I Change Phone Number?
No, you will not lose your WhatsApp conversation if you change your phone number either on an Android device or on an iPhone. WhatsApp app has made provision for such case scenario, you can even change a new number and a new phone without losing your WhatsApp conversation.
To change your Whatsapp number and not lose your WhatsApp conversation, first, open your WhatsApp, go to “Settings” then “Account” and then tap on the “Change number” option. Now insert your old number on the first column and the new number on the second, verification code will be sent to your new number, input the code and tap on ok.
Will My Contacts Be Notified if I Change My Whatsapp Number?
YES, your contacts will get notified each time you change your WhatsApp old number to a new WhatsApp number. The new WhatsApp notification update on most WhatsApp apps will help notify your Contacts each time you change your WhatsApp number to a new one.
There are different version of WhatsApp today that comes with newer features, dropping a notification to your friends that you changed your WhatsApp number is one. You can as well decide who gets to receive this notification on your contact list from your WhatsApp settings.
If I Change My Whatsapp Number Will I Be Removed from Groups?
Changing your WhatsApp number will not really affect or have you removed from your WhatsApp group. Just pay attention to the guide am about to show you here, this should help you change your WhatsApp number to a new number without losing any of your chats or contact.
- To change your Whatsapp number and not lose any contact, first, open your WhatsApp, go to “Settings” then “Account” and then tap on the “Change number” option.
- Now insert your old number on the first column and the new number on the second, verification code will be sent to your new number, input the code and tap on ok.
After following all of these steps here accordingly, your old WhatsApp number will immediately get changed to the new one. Your chats and contact will still remain intact, your WhatsApp group also will not be deleted and you can as well let your contact members know you have changed your WhatsApp number.
Will I Lose My Whatsapp Conversations if I Change iPhone
iPhone users no longer need to be curious if they can transfer their WhatsApp chats from their old iPhone to a new one. I will show you how you can still not lose any data or WhatsApp conversation even after changing to a new iPhone device.
To Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud you will need a tool called the “AnyTans“. This helps iPhone users to transfer everything including; messages, media, and documents from their old iPhone to a new one without losing any data.
You can as well make use of an “iCloud Back-up” to Transfer WhatsApp conversations from iPhone to iPhone. To do this, you will need to Back-up your WhatsApp conversation on your old iPhone and then restore the conversation on the new iPhone.
Another way to Transfer WhatsApp conversations from iPhone to iPhone without having to lose a chat is through “iTunes Back-up“. This works the same way that an iCloud does, you Backup on the old iPhone and restore on the new iPhone but is known to have some limitations.
How to Change Whatsapp Number Without Losing Chats Android
It is very much possible to change your WhatsApp number without having to lose the chat history on your Android device. There are a few methods to make sure that your WhatsApp chats stay with you as you change the number either on a New phone or old device.
- To change your WhatsApp number without losing your chats, first swap out the old Sim with the New Sim you want to make use of.
- Open your WhatsApp and select the 3 dots on the top right-hand corner.
- Now tap on “Settings” then “Account” and then tap on the “Change number” option, on the next page insert your old number on the first column and your new number on the second.
- A verification code will be sent to your new number, input the code, and tap on ok. That is all.
To change to a new number on a new device without losing your chats, you will need a software program called “Mobile Trans“. It’s a single piece of software that allows you to move your WhatsApp chats with just a few clicks without losing any chat.
You do this by Backing up your data to your computer from your old phone using Mobile Trans. And then transfer the files to your New phone using Mobile Trans, that way not a single chat from your old phone will be left out on your new phone at the end.
Can I Change Back to My Old Whatsapp Number
Many people have switched to Whatsapp from their old phone number, but they want to switch back. While it is possible to change your number back, it is not easy.
The process of changing your number back can be a hassle if you don’t know the right steps. Here are some tips on how to change your Whatsapp number back:
- First, find out if you can change your old phone number by going through the WhatsApp FAQs or contacting customer support. If you cannot change your old phone number, then you will need to contact customer support and they will help with the process of changing it back.
- You will need to respond to the message sent to you while your number was changed. It may be a long message with a lot of information, such as why they are changing it and how long you have left before your old number is switched back on. If the process has already started, then it will tell you when it is going to happen.
How to Change Whatsapp Account
With the rise of Whatsapp, it has become a popular method of communication. If you want to change your account, there are steps that you can take in order to do so.
We will provide a step-by-step guide on how to change your Whatsapp account.
- Go to the app store on your phone and download the WhatsApp application.
- Open the app and sign in with your old number.
- Enter your new number, then press “Next” on the next screen.
- You should now be logged into your WhatsApp account with a different phone number.
If I Change My Number Will My Contacts Know
A lot of people have the same phone number and email address. So, if you change your number or email address, it will cause confusion for your contacts and they might not be able to reach you anymore.
If you are asking yourself this question, then the answer most likely lies in how often you contact your contacts on a regular basis. If they don’t hear from you often enough, then they might assume that you stopped contacting them, so they stop trying to reach out to you.
Is Whatsapp Linked to a Phone Number or Email?
What Does It Mean when a Contact is Linked?
Why is Incoming Text Messages Show Wrong Time on iPhone?
Facebook Messenger Notification Won’t Go Away – How To Fix It
How Do You Add Someone To A Group Text On iPhone And Android
Changing your WhatsApp number is never a big deal nor is preserving your conversation while you change the number. Here in this article, you can as well change a new WhatsApp number and a new phone but still not lose your WhatsApp contacts or conversation.
I hope this article was able to clear your curiosities and help you with the information you needed. If you have anything to ask about if Whatsapp Conversations will be lost once the active Phone Number is changed, then do so in the comment box below.