The term “Whirlpool Washer” is a trademarked brand name for a popular brand of washing machines that is not a household name in many US homes. However, the Whirlpool washer can be problematic sometimes, one of which can be the sensing light flashing error and would need to be fixed.
The Whirlpool washer sensing light flashing error is a common issue that many users face. It can be caused by several different issues, but it’s easy to fix.
Why Is My Washing Machine Stuck on Sensing
One reason why the Whirlpool washing machine might be stuck on sensing is that the water level sensor might be malfunctioning. Another reason is that the water pump might not be working properly.
The main causes of a Whirlpool washing machine being stuck on sensing are:
- The water level sensor might be malfunctioning.
- The water pump might not be working properly.
- There may be a blockage in the drain hose or the drain valve could have fallen off.
- The motor could have overheated and jammed because of a faulty thermostat.
- There could also be a problem with the magnetron tube, which is located at the back of the drum unit, causing it to overheat and jam because of an internal short circuit in its wiring.
How to Fix Whirlpool Washer Sensing Light Flashing
To fix Whirlpool Washer sensing light flashing can be easily fixed by resetting or restarting the washer. Another way to fix the washer is to get the error code from the machine’s datasheet panel and cross-examine it with the codes in the user repair manual to fix it.
Sometimes the problem might not require soft fixing, in this case, it is usually hardware damage which is mostly uncommon but cannot be ruled out either. In these cases, if there is any damaged or worn-out part that needs replacement, then it’s worth replacing.
Whirlpool Washer Sensor Reset (Steps To Reset)
Sometimes all you need is a simple reset to get the washer back working. Retting the washer is very simple and straight forward all you need to do is to press the power button, navigate to program, and Water Level. After pressing these buttons, the washing machine’s lid needs to be opened and closed.
This method works very fine for most Whirlpool Washer models. If these those not work for you then follow the below steps…
- Make sure the power to the washer is turned on at the wall, but keep the Power button on the control off.
- A special function tray where you can view all of the control panel’s buttons lit up.
- Press all the buttons on the control panel one by one, except the Power button.
- Open the lid of the washing machine; you should hear it beep.
- When you close the lid of the washing machine, it should begin a reset cycle.
If none of the above methods work, check to make sure your Whirlpool is fully plugged in. If it is not, call a technician for help.
How Long Does It Take for Washing Machine to Reset?
It usually takes about 20 seconds for the washing machine to reset.
Introduction: When you are using your washing machine, you must know how long it will take for the machine to reset. Most of the time, it takes around 10 minutes before your clothes are ready to be washed again.
How to Fix Whirlpool Washer Not Spinning
Whirlpool washing machines are designed to last for years, but if you are facing a problem with your Whirlpool washer not spinning, there might be a few things you can do to fix it.
- Press the Start button and let the machine fill up with water.
- Check that the drain hose is clear of any debris or blockage.
- Unplug the washer and plug it back in again once you see water coming out of the hose.
- Check that the belt is securely fastened around both pulleys on either side of the motor unit at its center point (at the bottom).
- Ensure that no other hoses are connected to either side of this motor unit (at its center).
How Do I Get My Whirlpool Washer out of Sensing Mode?
If your washer is in sensing mode and it won’t stop, there are a few steps you can take to get it out.
If the washer is in sensing mode, check that the lid switch is on and try turning it off again. If this doesn’t work, unplug the appliance from the power source and let it sit for at least an hour before plugging back in. If none of these steps work, contact Whirlpool for help.
How Do I Reset My Whirlpool Auto-Load Sensing Washer?
Resetting a Whirlpool washing machine is easy. You just need to press the “Reset” button on top of the machine.
If you are using an older model of Whirlpool washing machine, you might need to call a professional or take the washer in for repair. If your washer is still under warranty, contact Whirlpool and they will take care of it for you.
There are some cases where resetting your autoload sensing washer might not work. In this case, you can try unplugging it and waiting for at least 10 minutes before plugging back in and pressing “Reset” again. If this does not work, then you will have to call a professional or take the machine in for repair.
MORE ON Whirlpool:
Many people have been asking me how to fix the Whirlpool washer sensing light flashing. So, I decided to write a guide on how to fix the problem.
I hope this helps you. If you find any errors or have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.