The Sony Bravia TV is undoubtedly one of the best smart TVs, especially for its premium features. However, if issues occur and you want to resolve them once and for all, you need to know how to do a Sony Bravia factory reset without a Remote.
The Factory reset feature in a Smart tv, and any other electronic device is used to remove all user data from the device and restore it to initial factory settings.
Therefore, Sony Bravia Factory Reset removes all customized settings in the Sony TV, including system data, downloaded apps, wireless network settings, and channels.
If your Bravia TV is starting to perform slowly, or you want to resale the TV, then it will be wise to remove/delete all the current data and customized settings in the smart TV, which will result in the TV having a new look and fresh setup.
In this easy-to-digest article, we’ll cover the following:
- Common reasons to carry out a factory reset on your Bravia TV
- How to perform a Sony Bravia Factory Reset without a Remote
- Why the Sony Bravia factory reset not working may occur.
So, let’s get straight to it.
Why Carry Out a Factory Reset On Your Bravia TV?
Below are some common Bravia TV issues or symptoms that will require you to carry out a factory reset. We’ve also included easy troubleshooting steps that may help you resolve most of these issues.
- The TV doesn’t display
- TV randomly restarts.
- The LED on the TV keeps flashing.
- Remote is sometimes unresponsive or slow.
- Poor signal quality
- Missing channels.
- Abnormal Screen display.
- TV freeze/hangs.
How to Perform a Sony Bravia Factory Reset without Remote
Now, this is the main part. Keep reading to know how to reset a Sony Bravia TV?
- On your remote, press the “Home” button. A menu will pop up. Select “Settings.”
- Click the “Storage and Reset” option. You’ll find it in the “Settings” menu.
- Press “Factory Data Reset” from the set of options displayed and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Factory Data Reset will permanently delete all data stored in your Bravia TV. The TV will now have a brand new look and function fast and more effectively.
To Reset the Sony Bravia TV Without a Remote, follow the steps below.
- First, unplug the TV from electricity and wait for a few minutes for any remnant electricity to drain out.
- After a couple of minutes, plug your Bravia Tv back into any power source and turn it on. This step is a simple “Power Reset” method that can fix common Bravia TV issues.
Similarly, on how to perform a Sony Bravia Factory Reset with Remote, follow the simple process outlined below:
- Unplug your TV from the power source.
- On your Tv remote, press and hold the “Power” button and the “Down” (directional key) button simultaneously before plugging the TV back into a power source.
- Once a green LED light blinks, release the buttons you are holding down immediately.
- The above action will cause the Bravia TV to reboot a couple of times before the main factory TV reset occurs. When completed, a welcome screen will display on the screen. All data, customized settings, and cache have been completely erased.
However, in a situation where the above-detailed steps for Sony Bravia Factory reset don’t work, it could result from some factors.
Sony Bravia Factory Reset Not Working (What To Do)
If you’re experiencing the Sony Bravia factory reset not working issue, you need to know the possible causes and solutions.
- Forced Factory Reset
The forced factory reset option is another solution that might help resolve the Sony Bravia factory reset not working issue. However, the forced factory reset will only work if Android software Marshmallow or higher is on your TV. Once you confirm your Bravia TV has the versions mentioned above, you can now follow the forced factory reset instructions below;
- Unplug the Sony Bravia TV from the power source.
- Next, press the power button for a few seconds and plug in the power cord to an electrical switch while pressing the button. Continue pressing the power button until the white LED light shows. It might take up to ten to thirty seconds for the white LED light to appear, so you must be patient.
- Release the power button once you see the white LED light. If, after thirty seconds, the LED light doesn’t change into white color, then restart.
- If the light turned white, wait for a few minutes for the Factory reset to be completed. Sony Bravia TV will reboot twice to show that the factory reset was successful. Normally, the TV will automatically come on, but tap the power button if it doesn’t.
- A welcome screen will appear when Bravia TV comes on. You can now set up the TV afresh as all previous data stored has been permanently erased; meanwhile, if no welcome screen displays reboot the TV by unplugging the power cord from a power source and plugging it back.
- Crashed Software
One of the most likely causes why factory reset doesn’t work on your Sony Bravia TV, is crashed software. Smart TVs are integrated with sophisticated software that results in their high-end features. Therefore they require regular firmware updates to function effectively.
If the software crashes after a firmware update is downloaded, then it could cause the issue behind the reset not to work. The only solution, in this case, is to contact Sony customer support for instructions on how to fix it.
- Bad Configuration Data
Bad Configuration Data in the Sony Bravia TV can cause the software system not to work properly, thereby restricting the factory reset process.
Sometimes, rebooting the TV can fix the configuration details, but if it doesn’t work, you seek Sony customer support to reprogram your Bravia TV from the backend.
That’s all on the Sony Bravia Factory reset without RemoteRemote.
The Factory reset feature removes all user data and restores your Bravia TV to initial factory settings. Whatever issue with your smart TV is, you’ll find every valid information you need to successfully perform a Sony Bravia factory reset in this article.