Sonos is one of the most popular speaker brands out there. It’s great for sound quality, but it’s also not always easy to connect to your favorite music streaming services.
If you have a Sonos speaker and Spotify is not working, this guide will help you fix the issue. Continue reading to find out more and how to fix Sonos Spotify not working, won’t connect, play or show Up.
Why is Sonos Spotify Not Working
Sonos speakers are designed for the ultimate listening experience, but sometimes these devices can be temperamental and difficult to work with when it comes to streaming music from services like Spotify or Apple Music. Here are four common issues that may be causing problems and how you can fix them:
- Spotify is not working on your Sonos speaker
- Spotify is not working on your Sonos app
- You have not updated the software
- Your internet connection is poor or you are using a different device to stream music.
Troubleshooting Steps for Sonos Not Connecting to Spotify
There are some troubleshooting steps that you can take when Sonos is not connecting to Spotify.
- Restart the Sonos.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router and your computer.
- Make sure the Sonos and your Wi-Fi router are not on a different channel than the one you’re using with Spotify (check with your providers).
- Check if there is an issue with your network connection or broadband speed. If so, contact your ISP/broadband provider to see if they can fix it for you or provide a higher speed connection for streaming music (or anything else) in the future.
How To Fix Sonos Spotify Not Working (Won’t Connect/Play/Show Up)
Sonos and Spotify services are sometimes not compatible with each other, but there are some ways to fix the issue. You can try these steps and see if it works for you:
- Restart your Sonos player.
- Unplug your Sonos player.
- Turn off Spotify on your computer.
- Uninstall the latest version of Spotify on your computer.
- Change the language on your computer to English.
- Update the software in your Sonos player.
- Connect your Sonos player to another computer with Spotify.
- Remove all of the songs in your music library.
- Enable casting on the other computer.
- Open Spotify on your computer.
- 1Switch back to the previous language.
- Turn on your Sonos player.
The Complete Guide to Fixing Sonos Spotify Not Working.
- Unplug and Replug your speaker.
- Check if your computer has the latest updates for software and drivers.
- Check if the connection between your computer and speaker is strong enough.
- Make sure that you have enough space on your hard drive for music files.
- Check the internet connection in your speaker.
- Contact Sonos customer support.
- Reset your speaker to factory settings.
If you’re having issues with Sono not playing or connecting to Spotify, follow these steps:
- Restart your Spotify app.
- Restart your Sono app.
- Uninstall the app and reinstall it again from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Clear your cache and data for both apps on both iOS and Android devices to fix any possible connection issues that might be causing the problem.
How to Add Spotify to Sonos s2
Sonos is a wireless speaker that has become a favorite of many. To add Spotify to Sonos, you need to do the following:
- Open the Sonos app on your device
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the screen
- Tap on “Settings” and then tap on “Connectivity”
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned off and then tap on “Add Device”
- Select “Spotify Connect” from the list of devices that appears and then follow instructions to pair your device with Spotify’s desktop app or mobile app
- Once you are done, open up Spotify’s app and sign in with your account details
- Finally, go back to Sonos and make sure that it is connected to Spotify successfully.
How to Play Spotify on Sonos for Free
If you are looking for a way to play Spotify on Sonos without a subscription, you can use a service called Soundcast. It’s an app that works as an extension of your Spotify account and allows you to play any song or playlist in the service on Sonos.
Soundcast is available on iOS and Android devices, so it’s easy to get started. It also lets you share your playlists with friends, so the whole family can enjoy them together.
Soundcast is free for personal use, but if you want more features, like being able to download songs for offline listening or create your own playlists, then it will cost $4.99 per month.
How to Add Add Spotify Playlist to Sonos Favorites
The Sonos software lets you stream music from your computer, smartphone, or tablet. You can also create a playlist of songs and share it with friends or family members.
You can add a Spotify playlist to Sonos favorites by following these steps:
- Open the Sonos app on your iOS device or Android device.
- Tap the “Edit” button on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap “Add Favorite“.
- Select “Spotify” from the list of available services and then tap “Done“.
How Do I Reset my Sonos System?
The Sonos system has a wide range of features and can be used in many different ways.
The Sonos app is the best way to control your Sonos speakers and soundbar. You can use the app to change the volume, adjust the bass, or mute it completely. If you’re having trouble with your system, you can also reset it by going into “Settings” and then “Reset.”
If you’re using an older version of the Sonos app, go to “Settings” and then “About,” then press “Update Now.”
Easy Ways to Fix “Spotify Can’t Play Current Song” Error?
How To Fix Roku Soundbar Not Working (Repair Guide)
How To Fix Roku Soundbar Not Working (Repair Guide)
How To Fix Samsung TV Web Browser Not Supported (Repair Guide)
How To Fix Nest Doorbell Won’t Connect to WiFi/Bluetooth/App
How To Fix RCA TV Sound Not Working (Repair Guide)
The most common cause of this issue is an iOS update or a software update. In order to fix this issue, the user should go into settings and turn off all of Sonos’s location services.
This guide has been created to help you fix your Sonos Spotify not working issue. If you are still having trouble, please contact the support team at Spotify for further assistance.