Recently, iPhone users have been reporting that their iPhone was not sending or receiving a text from Android devices. This issue is caused by the iOS operating system, which only allows iPhones to send texts if they are using Apple’s Messages app.
In this guide, we have covered all the possible scenarios of iPhone sending text messages to Android and receiving texts from Android. This guide is written by an experienced tech writer who has been writing guides for years to help people solve their technical issues and get back on track with their daily life.
Why is the iPhone Not Sending/Receiving Text To/From Android?
There are a lot of reasons why your iPhone is not sending or receiving text messages to/from an Android device. In this article, we will be discussing five of the most common reasons that you may experience.
- The phone number on your iPhone is wrong.
- Your phone’s Bluetooth settings are off.
- Your phone is not compatible with the Android device.
- The settings on your iPhone are wrong.
- There is a network issue.
How Fix iPhone Not Sending/Receiving Text To/From Android
The guide will help you to fix the problem of the iPhone not sending/receiving a text to/from Android.
- Go to your phone settings
- Select the text message settings
- Scroll down to the “Send SMS” settings
- Select “iPhone“
- Select “Allow contacts to send messages“
- Tap on “Add new contact” and enter the number you want to add
- Tap on “Allow messages from: and enter the number you have added in step 6.
- Now any contact with your number on their contact list will be able to send you a text.
This is a question that many iPhone users have been asking for a long time. If you are one of them, here is the solution:
- First, update your phone to the latest version of iOS.
- Second, download and install Apple’s iMessage app on your Android device.
- Third, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage and turn on “Use Legacy Apps”.
- Fourth, go back to Settings > Messages > iMessage and turn on “Allow Other Apps“.
- Fifth, open the Google Hangouts app on your iPhone and send a text message with an Android user’s phone number to their Google Hangouts inbox.
- Sixth, open up the same Google Hangouts app on your Android device and receive a text message from the phone number in the first sentence.
This isn’t a perfect workaround, but it should be sufficient until Google can release an update to make this feature work.
Why is My Text Blue but Not Delivered?
This is the question that many people ask when they are unable to receive a text message. The blue screen of death is not an error message, but the result of a text being sent to a number that is not in your contact list or has been blocked by your carrier.
In this article, we will explore the reasons why texts are delivered to incorrect numbers and what you can do about it.
Why does my text come up as BLUE? The most likely cause of this error is that your phone number has not been entered into the contacts on your device.
If you want to send texts from an unknown number, you must enter it manually into your contacts before sending it out. If you didn’t enter your phone number into the contact list on your device then messages will not be delivered.
How Do I Know if My Text Was Sent from Android to iPhone?
If you are wondering if your text was sent from Android to iPhone, there are a few ways to find out.
If the text is sent from an Android device, it will be in the Android Messages app and show up as “Sent with Android Messages.“
If you received a text message from someone with an iPhone and want to know if it was sent through iMessage, check the sender’s name in the top right corner of their screen. If they have an Apple logo next to their name and not a Google logo, then they probably sent it through iMessage.
What is the Difference Between a Text Message and an Sms Message?
Text messages and SMS messages are both types of electronic messaging, but they have some differences.
A text message is a type of electronic communication, which can be sent from one person to another. The text message is usually limited to 160 characters or less, while the SMS message can be sent to a larger number of people.
The texting system was created in 1992 and has since then become popular among many people across the world.
MORE ON iPhone:
How To Add Airpods To Find My iPhone [Guide]
How To Change Battery Color On An iPhone [EASY WAY]
How To Turn OFF Screenshots On iPhone
How to Delete Purchase History on iPhone
In this guide, we have discussed the different ways of fixing the iPhone not sending/receiving a text to/from Android. We have also mentioned some of the common problems that you might face while trying to fix them.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a quick fix, you can try one of the methods mentioned in this guide. If your problem persists, then it is best to contact your carrier or Apple Support, team.