This is what to do when your Screen keeps dimming windows 10. Welcome to this platform, where you’ll get to grasp solutions to the difficulties you mostly cane across with your device. In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix screen keeps dimming windows 10. For you to grasp more in this article, you need to follow and read on carefully with us.
How Do I Stop My Screen From Dimming Windows 10?
Today many newly bought computers, especially laptop computers, equip an ambient light sensor. The computer will automatically adjust the screen brightness based on the light of surroundings.
If you don’t like the Windows 10 automatic brightness feature since the brightness of your display can be not stable, and you may sometimes find screen keeps dimming Windows 10 when you try to increase the screen brightness.
This is because the automatic brightness adjustment feature. Check below how to disable adaptive brightness Windows 10 so as to freely adjust or increase the screen brightness when you want.
- Open Power Options Window
You need to firstly access Power Options window. You can follow the operations below.
You can click Start menu, type power options, and click the best match result Power & sleep settings to open it.
Alternatively, you can open Control Panel Windows 10 at first, then click Hardware and Sound Power Options to open it.
- Open Edit Plan Settings Window
Next you can click Power & sleep in the left pane, and click Additional power settings option under Related settings in the right window.
Then you can click Change plan settings link next to your current active power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
- Access Power Options Advanced Settings Window
- You can click Change advanced power settings link to enter into Power Options Advanced settings window.
- Turn Off Automatic Brightness Windows 10
- Now you can scroll down to find Display option and expand it.
At last, you can click Enable adaptive brightness option and set its settings status to Off so as to stop Windows auto adjusting brightness. Click OK to save your changes. You can also disable automatic brightness adjustments Windows 10 from Windows Settings.
- You can press Windows + I, or click Start -> Settings to open Settings
- Next you can click System, and click Display from the left pane. Turn the Change brightness automatically when lighting changesoption status to Off.
However, if you don’t find Change brightness automatically when lighting changes option in Settings, you can try to use the 4 steps above to control screen keeps dimming windows 10
- How To Access Android Cloud From PC
- How to Install Windows 10 From USB Flash Drive
- How to Install Minecraft on a Chromebook 2020
- Why My Laptop is Not Connecting to Wifi 2020
- How To Make Bootable USB Mac Windows 10 Free
Why Does My Screen Automatically Dim Windows 10?
You’ll learn how to overcome the problem of your windows 10 screen dimming automatically in this guide. Your Windows 10 laptop keeps adjusting the brightness constantly? On most modern computers, Windows can automatically adjust the screen brightness based on the light of surroundings, your power plan or battery life. In this tutorial we’ll show you how screen keeps dimming windows 10.
- Part 1:Disable Adaptive Brightness
If your computer monitor has an integrated light sensor, Windows can adjust the screen brightness depending on the amount of light around you. To turn off adaptive brightness on Windows 10:
- Press the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app
- Then click on the System category.
- Select the Display menu on the left.
- On the right, uncheck the “Change brightness automatically when lighting changes”
If the above option is missing or you’re using an old version of Windows, open the Power Options window from the Control Panel and expand the Display item, you can turn off the “Enable adaptive brightness” setting.
Adaptive brightness is available in Windows 10, 8 and 7, but it is only visible if your computer has an ambient light sensor.
- Part 2:Disable Auto Screen Dimming While in Battery Saver
Windows 10 includes a new feature called Battery Saver that can extend battery life of your laptop or tablet. When the battery falls below 20%, Windows will automatically lower the screen brightness, which helps reduce battery consumption. To disable this behavior:
- Just open the Settings app
- Navigate to System Battery
- Click the checkbox next to “Lower screen brightness while in battery saver.
- Part 3:Disable Power Saving for Graphics Card
If you’re using Intel graphics adapter, just download the Intel® Graphics Control Panel app from Microsoft Store, which lets you adjust most power management settings with ease. After starting the app, go to the “Power” section and look for a feature called “Display Power Saving Technology” and disable it.
NVIDIA also has a similar app named NVIDIA Control Panel so you can disable power saving mode too. For AMD users, the AMD Radeon software is also now in the Microsoft Store.
Why is My Computer Screen Suddenly Dim?
Laptops are designed to be portable, which means that they have different components and programming than a standard desktop PC.
That portability makes them great business tools, but laptop displays are more difficult to troubleshoot than a desktop monitor, since the presence of a battery and of power-saving modes in Windows mean there are more possible reasons for a screen to go dim.
- Adjust Brightness Settings
Most laptops have brightness controls on the keyboard, and it’s possible that bumping one of these keys to overcome screen keeps dimming windows 10. Look on your keyboard for a sun icon; if the icon is in blue or gray, you need to use the “Function” key to access it.
- Tap the key to adjust the brightness.
- Tap the key beside it to raise the brightness.
- Power Saving Mode
Your laptop has different power profiles to prolong battery life once you disconnect the computer from AC power. A basic power-saving plan will, by default, immediately dim the laptop’s screen in order to save power when your computer is running on battery.
Having known how screen keeps dimming windows 10, Your screen going dim could be as simple as that the power cord connecting the laptop to the wall isn’t connected properly, and the computer is running on battery.
Sometimes, a computer can get stuck in its power-saving mode, which would mean that your screen would remain dim after you wake the computer up; reboot your computer to reset power saving mode.
- Changing Power Saving Modes
You don’t need to leave the power-saving mode configured to dim the screen while running on battery. Click in the top right corner of your screen and type “Power,” then click “Settings” and “Power and battery” to open the power-saving profiles.
Most battery mode profiles are called “Power saver”:
- Click this profile to edit its settings
- Then click “Change plan settings.”
- Change the value on “Dim the display” to “Never,”
- Then click
- Hardware Issues
Occasionally, a laptop screen’s hardware can fail. If your screen is getting increasingly dim as time goes on, the liquid crystal display may need a new backlight or need to be replaced entirely.
You can check by connecting an external monitor to your computer and seeing if the display is also dim on the monitor.
If it is, a software setting is dimming your display; if the external monitor is bright and clear, the laptop’s screen is likely damaged. In instances of hardware issues, it’s best that you check your computer’s warranty and return it to the store from which you purchased it for service.
Why Does My Screen Dim When I Watch Netflix?
Likely most of the time, maybe you did came across screen keeps dimming windows 10 while watching on Netflix. The era of cord-cutting is finally catching up for we are not limited to TV for video content. With OTT services, we can stream videos on our mobile phones, computers, and tablets.
People on the subway or in waiting room love to catch up with their favorite Netflix shows on their phones. However, the Netflix app can override the brightness on select Android phones and disrupt the experience.
The Netflix app is overriding the brightness set on the phones. The Netflix app either turns too dark or light when a video is playing even though the brightness setting is different.
For others, colors appear washed out on Netflix. Let’s see how to get back the awesome Netflix experience by fixing the brightness issue.
- RESTART PHONE
No troubleshooting procedure should begin without restarting the device in question. So reboot your phone before you try the following fixes.
- ADJUST BRIGHTNESS IN NETFLIX APP
Many Netflix users don’t know that the Netflix app comes with a native setting to change the brightness. That is usually responsible for the brightness issue on Netflix. You might have changed it, and that’s why your Netflix colors are either dark or light.
You will not find the brightness control inside the settings in the Netflix app. Instead, it is present on the now-playing screen itself. To use that:
- Play a video on Netflix.
- Then, tap on the screen once to show the controls such as play, pause, subtitles, etc.
- You will see a slider on the left side.
- Slide it up or down to manually control the brightness, i.e., increase or decrease the brightness.
- USE PICTURE-IN-PICTURE MODE
Some Netflix users have suggested that switching to the picture-in-picture mode of Netflix fixed the dark screen issue for them.
Here are the steps:
- Increase the brightness of your phone using the phone settings.
- Launch the Netflix app and play a video.
- Press the home button to play the Netflix video in a pop-up screen, i.e., picture-in-picture mode, will get activated.
- Tap on the full-screen icon to open the video in the normal mode.
- UPDATE NETFLIX APP
The issue could be due to a bug in the Netflix app. To fix that, you should immediately update the app from the Play Store.
- DISABLE BLUE LIGHT OR NIGHT LIGHT
If the problem occurs at a specific time, you should check the scheduled feature of the night or blue light. When the night light is activated, you will see an orange-yellowish tint on your phone.
To check that:
- Go to Settings > Display.
- Tap on Night or Blue light.
- Disable the scheduled feature. While you are at it, if it’s currently enabled, disable it.
- Open Netflix and see if the video plays with accurate colors.
- DISABLE VIDEO ENHANCER
On some phones such as Samsung, you will find a video enhancer setting. You should disable it to see if the issue with Netflix’s brightness is fixed or not.
To do so:
- Go to Settings > Advanced settings.
- Disable Video enhancer.
- You can also use the search in settings to find a Video enhancer.
- CHECK BATTERY SETTINGS
You should also take a look at the battery settings. Many Android phones offer a high-performance mode that automatically increases the screen brightness. You should change it to a different power setting.
To do so
- Go to Settings > Battery > Power mode.
- Switch to other modes from the current one.
- CHECK THIRD-PARTY APPS
Are you using third-party apps that control the brightness or monitor the temperature of your phone? You should disable or uninstall them to see if they are responsible for the Netflix brightness problem. If your phone has a game mode, do check that as well for temperature monitor settings.
- RE-INSTALL NETFLIX
If the above solutions fail you in helping, it’s time to uninstall Netflix from your phone. That will not affect your recommendations. To uninstall Netflix:
- Open Play Store, and look for Netflix.
- Tap on Uninstall. Once uninstalled, restart the phone
- Then, install it again.
- INSTALL NETFLIX USING APK
If neither updating nor uninstalling the app fixed the brightness problem on Netflix, then you should install a different version using APK. You can either upgrade or downgrade the adaptor see what version works for you. Some Netflix users suggested that going back to the Netflix version 4.1fixed the problem. Of course, the app would be different from the latest one and would lack certain features.