Samsung TV Discovery Plus is a feature of the Samsung Smart Hub that allows users to browse content from their Samsung TV. It was introduced in 2015 and has been available for many years.
Samsung TV Discovery Plus was originally intended to help users find content from their TVs, but it has since been discontinued by Samsung. However, sometimes this feature might not be working the way it should and if you find yourself in such a situation this article will be helpful.
Why Samsung might TV Discovery Plus Not Working
If your Samsung might TV Discovery Plus is not working, it might be for any of the following reasons.
- You are using an old version of the software on your smart TV which may not be compatible with the latest version of the app.
- Your IP address may be blocked by your ISP or government agencies and this prevents access to certain websites, including Netflix and YouTube.
- The problem might have been caused by an update that was rolled out recently and this could have affected other apps as well, including Samsung Smart View, which has been discontinued in favor of Samsung TV Discovery Plus.
- The issue could also be caused by a conflict with another app or system update that is in the current installation process.
How to Fix Samsung TV Discovery Plus Not Working
Try these troubleshooting steps if your Samsung TV Discovery Plus doesn’t work. Fixing this problem is straightforward, and below are a few things you can try.
Reset your Samsung TV Discovery Plus
– Reset the app by going to Settings > Apps > Samsung TV Discovery Plus > Reset App Data on the device.
Uninstall and Reinstall Samsung TV Discovery Plus App
– Uninstall and reinstall the app; or Set up a new account on your Samsung TV with a different email address (you will need to sign in to that account).
Reboot Your Samsung TV
You can reboot the Samsung Tv by following the steps below
- Step 1: Power off your Samsung TV and unplug it from the wall
- Step 2: Disconnect the power cord from the back of the TV and then disconnect it from the wall outlet
- Step 3: Remove any cables that are connected to your Samsung TV, such as HDMI cables or USB cords
- Step 4: Unplug any cords that are connected to your Samsung TV, such as cable boxes or game consoles.
- Step 5: Remove any external devices that are plugged into your Samsung TV, such as a Blu-ray player or soundbar.
- Step 6: Put everything back on and it should be working again.
How to Update Discovery Plus on Samsung Tv
Samsung TV owners have to update Discovery Plus on their TV from time to time. This is because the firmware of Samsung TVs changes with time. If you are not aware of how to update Discovery Plus on your TV, then you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu
- Choose System
- Choose System Update
- Select Software Update
- Select Discovery Plus Update
How to Install Discovery Plus on Samsung Smart Tv
The Discovery Plus installer is available in the Samsung Smart Tv App Store. You can use it to install Discovery Plus on your Samsung Smart Tv by following these steps:
- Open the Internet browser on your Samsung Smart Tv and type in “https://help.discoveryplus.com“
- Click “Install” and then click “Continue“.
- Now follow the installation process as instructed on-screen to complete installation.
Please note: Discovery Plus is only available to Samsung Smart TVs running Android TV 5.0 or higher and all Blu-ray Disc players sold with Samsung Smart TVs.
How to Fix Discovery Plus App Not Working Android
If your Discovery Plus App suddenly stops working, there are several things you can do to bring it back to functioning again. One of which is to either update it, check your internet speed, and lastly try using another device.
Updating Discovery App on Android
To update the Discovery app on your android phone, simply open your google play store app or Samsung app store, search for “Discovery app“ and click update to update it. After the update is completed, simply open the open app and start watching again.
Check your Internet connection
The Discovery App needs internet data to function properly as it should else, any video you might be trying to play, would probably not work. You can check your network strength by checking the network bar indicator at the t of your screen.
Another way to check this is to try browsing another page to see if it loads at all or if it’s slow while loading. If the page load speed happens to be slow then a video you might be watching might either start buffering or not even play at all in the first place.
Use Another Device
If none of the above methods work for you then your phone itself might be faulty. If this is the case then you are left with no other options than to try another device or android phone. This should fix the problem.
How to fix Discovery Plus App Not Working iPhone
It is a common issue for Discover Plus App Not Working not to work on iPhones for some reasons. If an app is not working on your device and you are connected to the internet.
The first thing you should do is try to un-pair your device from the Discover Plus App. This can be done by going into settings, then general, then Bluetooth, and turning it off. After this, you should uninstall the app and reinstall it again.
Sometimes the issue might not be the app itself but the iOS platform. This issue is related to an older version of iOS, which is why it is not working for many users. If you are experiencing this issue and want to fix it, try updating your device to the latest version of iOS.
How to Fix Discovery Plus App Not Working on Firestick
The Discovery Plus app is not working on Firestick. This is a common issue that many people face. There are a few ways to fix this issue and we have listed them below:
Update the app from the Google Play Store
- Delete and reinstall the app
- Use another device to download the app from Google Play Store
If the Discovery Plus App is still not working on your Firestick, the app might not be compatible with the Fire TV, but it does work on other devices like Roku, Xbox, and Apple TV.
How To Install Discovery Plus On Samsung Smart Tv
Samsung Smart Tv is a great device to watch movies and shows and play games on. But what if you want to add an app that is not on the list?
To add an app not listed on your Samsung Smart Tv, you will need to do the following:
- Go into the settings menu of your smart tv.
- Find the “Apps” menu and select “Add apps“.
- Select “Search for apps“.
- Search for the app that you would like to add and then select it from the search results list.
Can I Watch Discovery Plus on Amazon Prime?
Yes, If you want to watch Discovery Plus on Amazon Prime, you will need to subscribe to the service.
Amazon Prime is a streaming service that offers over 100,000 TV episodes and movies at no extra charge. It also has a wide variety of original shows such as The Grand Tour, Transparent and American Gods.
One of the main advantages of Amazon Prime is its huge library of content. You can watch all the latest movies in HD quality with your Amazon Prime membership.
How to Activate My Discovery Plus?
To activate your Discovery Plus, simply open the app and follow these steps:
- Tap on the Discovery Plus icon on the top left of your screen.
- Tap on “Account” in the upper right corner of your screen. Then tap on “Activate.”
MORE ON Samsung Smart Tv:
The Samsung TV Discovery Plus is a feature that allows users to find the content they are interested in. This feature is meant to help users find new and interesting content on the TV.
However, this feature has been experiencing some issues lately where it does not work and users are unable to use it. This article has provided all you need to know about how to fix Samsung TV Discovery Plus, Not Working.