One of the most frustrating things that can happen to a homeowner is when their Ring Doorbell stops working. The live view will not show anything, and the homeowner will be unable to see who has come to their door.
In this guide, we will show you how to fix your Ring Doorbell so that it works again. Continue reading to find out how to fix Ring Doorbell Live view not working in a few simple steps.
5 Reasons Why Ring Doorbell Live View Not Working
Ring doorbell live view not working is an issue that can be frustrating for a homeowner. This is especially true if you are unable to get in touch with the person who rang your bell.
Here are the most common five reasons why Ring doorbell live view is not working and how to fix it.
- The battery life of the device is low.
- The device needs to be reset or reinstalled.
- The device was unplugged or it was turned off during installation.
- There is a problem with the Wi-Fi connection on your router, which may have been caused by interference from nearby wireless devices such as microwaves, cordless phones, and wireless routers.
- Your home’s internet service provider has blocked port 8080.
Steps to fix Ring Doorbell Live View Not Working
Here, you will learn the steps and various means to fix the Ring Doorbell Live View stops Working issue. This is a common problem faced by many users of Ring Doorbell.
Ring the doorbell live view stops working? Here’s how to fix it:
- Remove power from the doorbell and wait for at least 10 seconds before plugging back in.
- Make sure that your wireless network is connected to a router that supports 802.11ac or 802.11n wireless standards.
- Check if your Ring Doorbell is connected to the internet, and then try again with your wireless network disabled.
- If you still cannot get your live view working, try changing the channel on which you are broadcasting on the ring app.
- If none of these solutions have worked for you, you might need to replace the ring doorbell.
Ring Doorbell Live View Not Working is a problem that many people are facing and believe it or not the problem is nothing other than an outdated app or wifi/router settings. To check these problems is simple, just follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to your Wi-Fi settings and make sure that your router is connected and turned on.
- Step 2: If you have a Nest camera, make sure that it is connecting properly and working properly.
- Step 3: Make sure you are using the latest version of the app.
- Step 4: If all of the above steps fail, you will need to reset your Nest camera.
Why is Ring Live View Not Working on Mobile Data
Mobile data is not working on your Ring Live View app. Here are five reasons why you might be experiencing this issue.
- You have a weak signal.
- You’re using an unsupported carrier.
- Your device has a weak internet connection.
- Your device is running low on battery life.
- You’re in an area with poor coverage.
Why is My Blink Doorbell Not Detecting Motion?
When the Ring Doorbell is installed at a distance of around 15 feet from the camera, it will not detect motion. It would be better if you could install it at around 30 feet or more away from your camera to get a full range of motion detection.
The Blink Doorbell is designed to detect motion in front of the camera and give you alerts when people are coming near your front door. However, some things might prevent this from happening:
- The power cord may be too short and won’t reach where you need to install the device.
- Someone might be too tall and cast a shadow on the camera, preventing it from detecting motion.
- The mounting bracket may be too close to the door, preventing the device from picking up any motion at all.
How Do You Reset the Motion Sensor on a Ring Doorbell?
Ring doorbells are wireless, so they don’t require any installation. However, if you need to reset the motion sensor on your Ring Doorbell, here is a step-by-step process that should help you.
The motion sensor on a Ring Doorbell is designed to sense movement within a certain range of the camera and send notifications to the app when it detects activity. If your device has been in an area with high levels of activity for a prolonged period, it may need to be reset.
- Turn off power on your Ring device by pressing and holding the “Power” button for 5 seconds until the power indicator light turns off.
- Make sure your Ring device is plugged into an outlet and not in battery mode.
- Press and hold the “Reset” button for 5 seconds until the power indicator light turns off and the button stops pulsating.
- Turn on power to your Ring device by pressing and holding the “Power” button for 5 seconds until the power indicator light turns on. This issue has been fixed using this method in newer firmware releases of your device.
The ring is a smart doorbell that helps you monitor your home and family. It is a video doorbell with motion detection and live view.
It also has the option of recording videos and sending them to your phone. However, sometimes Ring Doorbell Live View Not Working can happen due to hardware or software issues.
This article has covered all you need to know about fixing a faulty Doorbell live view not working and also outlined the most common causes. If you have a question you want to ask or need more clarification please ask using the comments section.