Kenmore refrigerator-freezer not working/cooling is a common problem that can be fixed in a few simple steps. First, you should check to see if the power cord is plugged into an outlet and the refrigerator or freezer is receiving power.
If it’s not, you will need to replace the cord or plug it back in. If the power cord is plugged into an outlet and the refrigerator or freezer still doesn’t work, then you will need to reset your circuit breaker.
This can be done by turning off all of your lights in your house and then turning them back on one at a time until the circuit breaker trips out. If this doesn’t work, then you will need to call for service from your electrician.
Why Kenmore Refrigerator Working But Freezer Not Freezing?
Refrigerators and freezers work differently. A refrigerator uses a compressor to move heat from one place to another. This is why the cold air that comes out of the fridge is warmer than the air in the freezer.
However, a freezer uses a difference in temperature and pressure to create ice crystals. The colder temperature and lower pressure allow for more ice crystals to form, which means more space for ice in the freezer.
The coldest part of a freezer is at its top where it’s usually around -30 degrees Celsius or -22 Fahrenheit. In contrast, the coldest part of a refrigerator is usually at its bottom where it’s around 0 degrees Celsius or 32 Fahrenheit.
This temperature difference prevents food from spoiling as quickly as it would if placed in both places. The coldest part of a freezer is at its top where it’s usually around -30 degrees Celsius or -22 Fahrenheit.
In contrast, the coldest part of a refrigerator is usually at its bottom where it’s around 0 degrees Celsius or 32 Fahrenheit. This temperature difference prevents food from spoiling as quickly as it would if placed in both places.
Kenmore Refrigerator Freezer Not Working/Cooling
This article will provide you with a complete guide on how to fix your Kenmore refrigerator freezer.
Kenmore Refrigerator Freezer Not Working:
- Unplug the appliance from the wall outlet and allow it to cool down for about an hour.
- Remove the back panel of the appliance and locate the cooling coil, which is located in the back of the refrigerator or freezer compartment.
- Remove any ice buildup from around this cooling coil by wiping it with a damp cloth or rag, then allow it to dry before replacing it into position.
- Plugin your appliance again and try turning it on again by pressing its power button for at least ten seconds after you see “Welcome” displayed on your screen for at least five seconds, then try turning it
Kenmore Refrigerator Compressor Not Running
Kenmore refrigerators are known for their reliable performance. However, when your Kenmore refrigerator compressor is not running, it can be a sign that something is wrong with the unit.
It could be a sign of a faulty fan belt or that the compressor has failed. Either way, you should contact an appliance repair professional to have the issue fixed as soon as possible.
Kenmore refrigerators come with a built-in compressor that works to keep your food cold. If the unit does not run, this could be an indication of a problem in the system and you should contact an appliance repair professional to have it fixed as soon as possible.
How Do I Know If My Fridge Thermostat Is Broken?
When you turn on your refrigerator, it should be set at a temperature that keeps your food at the right temperature. If it is not, then you need to check the thermostat.
If there is no light when you press the “on” button, or if the temperature of your fridge is too high or too low, then it’s likely that there’s a problem with your thermostat. You can also check for a broken connection by turning it off and on again.
How do You Put a Kenmore Refrigerator In Diagnostic Mode?
Diagnostic mode is a feature that lets you diagnose a problem with your refrigerator. The following are the steps in diagnostic mode.
- Step 1: Press and hold the power button for five seconds
- Step 2: Press and hold the reset button for five seconds
- Step 3: Press and hold both buttons for 10 seconds
- Step 4: Wait until all lights turn off before releasing the buttons.
How Do You Reset a Kenmore Refrigerator Freezer?
To reset a Kenmore refrigerator-freezer, you will need to take the following steps:
- Unplug the appliance from the wall outlet.
- Remove the access panel on top of the unit.
- Remove the screws from both sides of the access panel.
- Pull out each side of the access panel and remove it from the appliance.
- Disconnect each wire that is attached to either side of the control board.
In this guide, we have covered the most common causes of refrigerator-freezers not working and cooling. We have also discussed the different solutions to fix these problems.
The most common causes of refrigerator-freezers not working and cooling are as follows power cord is loose or damaged, Thermostat switch is burned out, fuse in the circuit board that needs to be replaced, etc. If you find value in this article, please share this article with others.