Sound and audio are two important aspects of a video streaming service. One needs to be able to hear the dialogue and sound effects to get the full experience.
However, with many streaming services such as Hulu, one might find that they are having issues with sound or audio not working properly. In this article, we will cover how to fix Hulu sound/volume/audio not working properly.
Why is Hulu Sound/Volume/Audio Not Working
The sound and volume on Hulu are not working properly. This article will provide you with the solutions to fix this issue.
- Check your internet connection
- Clear your browser cache
- Restart your computer
- Update Hulu software
- Use a different device
How to Fix Hulu Sound/Volume/Audio Not Working
Sometimes, when you watch Hulu, the sound and volume are not working on your PC. This is usually caused by a network issue or a problem with your internet connection. You can fix this issue in a few simple steps.
If you’re watching Hulu on your computer or laptop:
- Close out the app completely, then reopen it and try again.
- Open up the task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and closeout out the Hulu app process completely. Then restart your computer or laptop and try again.
- If none of these work, contact Hulu customer support for further assistance.
This section will teach you how to fix Hulu sound/volume/audio not working in your browser, Chrome, Safari, or Opera.
If you’re having trouble with the sound on Hulu and other websites, the first thing you should check is your network connection. If you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network then it’s possible that your device isn’t getting enough bandwidth for streaming audio.
If you’re connected to a wired Ethernet connection then the problem may be on your end. Sometimes when streaming video or audio over Wi-Fi, the video or audio can get cut off because of an issue with buffering.
If you’re experiencing sound or volume issues with Hulu, here are some possible solutions that might help.
- Make sure your computer is up to date and Hulu is compatible with your browser and operating system.
- Ensure your computer’s speakers are working properly. If they aren’t, try connecting headphones or a speaker to the computer.
- Restart your computer and try again.
- Update your browser software to the latest version if you’re using Chrome, Safari, or Opera as your browser of choice on a Windows PC (or Mac).
- Check that you have the latest versions of Flash and Java installed on your device before attempting to watch Hulu again if you’re using an iOS device (iPhone/iPad) or Android device (smartphone/tablet t).
- If you’re using an Apple device (iPad, iPhone), try disabling AdBlock from your browser.
How to Check your Internet Connection
Internet speeds around the home vary and it is important to understand what constitutes streaming quality. Hulu suggests that a download speed of at least 0.5 Mbps is required for uninterrupted playback without any interruptions or lags.
- Streaming in Standard Definition: 1.5MB/s
- Streaming in High Definition (720p): 3MB/s
- Streaming in High Definition (1080p): 6MB/s
- Live streaming: 8MB/s
- Stream 4Kor Ultra HD content: 16MB/s
You can test your network connection by going to websites such as Speedtest.net. Lowering your streaming quality settings in this way might make the speed of your downloads a bit faster for you through your account settings.
If you want your WiFi to improve, try placing your modem closer to the streaming device (such as the TV). They should ideally be in the same room but can be up to 30 feet apart. If your modem and/or router aren’t working properly, unplug them for at least one minute to restart them and re-establish a stronger connection.
Make sure your Wi-fi signal is free and strong so other devices don’t interfere with it. Make sure they’re not broadcasting by accident. Distracting GPS signals, TV signals, and mobile phone towers can all disrupt the wifi you want to use.
Make sure in-wall wiring, as well as the signal feeders of large tank fish, don’t block your wireless signal. Also, keep away from metal objects like railings when mounting antennas on a house.
How to Clear Hulu App Cache
The cache stores temporary data files that help the Hulu app run smoothly and load faster. It’s important to clear out this cache once it’s filled so you can enjoy uninterrupted streaming. This article provides insights into how to improve your browser’s performance. It covers the causes of some common problems and offers solutions for troubleshooting these issues.
Reinstalling the Hulu app will automatically clear the cache and other temporary data files, but you can do this separately on some devices. If your device has the option to clear the app cache, you should be able to do this through ‘Settings’, under ‘Applications’. Once you find the Hulu app, there should be the option to ‘clear data’ or ‘clear cache’.
MORE ON Hulu:
Sound and audio are no doubt two important aspects of a video streaming service like Hulu. One needs to be able to hear the dialogue and sound effects to get the full experience.
We have discussed how to fix Hulu Sound, volume, and audio not working and also mentioned some of the possible causes. If you have questions please leave them in the comments section below.