YouTube is one of the most popular video streaming apps in the world. If you are an LG Smart Tv user, here’s how to watch youtube on LG Smart Tv.
In youtube, people create and watch millions of videos in different genres and tag them every day. There are also movies and TV shows you can buy or rent for streaming. A download option is also available to save the video for offline streaming so you could watch it later.
With the YouTube app on your LG Smart TV, you can watch videos, share videos, comment, subscribe to the channels for more videos, as well as report any video for inappropriate content. The Explore section can be used to search for new videos on various genres or categories such as music, education, fashion, sports, tech, and more.
How to Install YouTube on LG Smart TV
- Launch the LG Smart TV and scroll to the home screen of the smart TV.
- On the LG Content Store, click on it to open and select the Search icon.
- In the search bar, enter YouTube and choose the app from the options.
- Click Install.
- After installing the YouTube app on the LG Smart TV, click Open to launch the YouTube app.
- You can now choose any video to stream/watch on the LG Smart TV.
How to Watch YouTube on LG Smart TV
- Ensure that the LG Smart TV and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Download the YouTube tv app on the Google Play Store for Android devices and the Apple store for iOS devices App Store.
- Start the YouTube app on the smartphone.
- Click the Cast icon and select the LG Smart TV.
- You can now play any youtube video on the smartphone and it will be displayed on the LG Smart TV.
How to Watch YouTube on LG Smart TV using the App
Through the LG Content Store app, you can download your favorite applications for your Smart TV. Follow the steps below:
- Create a YouTube account or sign in/log in to your youtube account if you already have one.
- Press the home button on your LG smart TV remote control to access the LG Content Store.
- On the LG Content Store, you will see the “Apps” displayed on the left pane.
- On the search bar, enter YouTube TV and click search. Next, download the application.
- Install the application. After installation, you will find the YouTube TV application on your Home screen.
- If you have kids, they can also watch youtube on Smart tv through the YouTube Kids apps. Search ‘YouTube Kids’ on your smart tv to download the YouTube Kids application. YouTube Kids application prevents mature content and only allows videos that can be watched by kids age groups.
How to Watch YouTube on LG Smart TV From a Phone
You can still watch Watch YouTube on LG Smart TV from the Phone. This can be done using a feature on the YouTube app called Watch on TV.
- Launch the YouTube application on your PC or mobile phone
- Go to Settings.
- Click on ‘Watch on TV’.
- Scroll below the Link with the TV Code, and click on it to enter the TV Code.
Now go to your TV’s YouTube app.
- On the YouTube app, Go to settings.
- Click on Link with TV Code.
- A code will be displayed in blue color, Copy it.
Enter the code on your phone’s YouTube app. The code allows you to link your YouTube app on your phone and TV. You will now be able to watch or cast YouTube videos from your phone on your TV. This feature is also unique as it allows you to minimize the YouTube app and perform any other function on your phone without disturbing the casting operation.
LG TV Youtube TV App Issues
The LG Tv youtube TV app issues are the various reasons why your LG TV YouTube app will not work. This includes having a poor network connection, firmware bugs, an overloaded cache, or using YouTube in a Web Browser. This applies to both a new LG smart Tv and an old LG Smart Tv.
You can solve these issues by resetting the network, resetting your LG Smart TV app, updating or reinstalling the Youtube TV app or TV, or resetting the TV’s WiFi settings.
1. Update or Reinstall App
The first and easiest way to fix LG TV Youtube Tv app issues is to update the app. Follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Launch the LG Content Store on your TV.
- Step 2: Go to ‘Apps > All > My Apps‘.
- Step 3: Scroll and select the YouTube app.
- Step 4: Click ‘Install Available Updates’.
If there is an available update, it will be listed under ‘Waiting for Update’ at the top of the ‘My Apps’ menu screen.
If the above solution doesn’t work, another way to fix Youtube Tv app issues is to uninstall the YouTube app and reinstall it. Below are the steps to do this.
- Step 1: With the cursor in the main menu, hover over your YouTube app.
- Step 2: On the remote, press and hold the ‘Select’ button until you enter the ‘Edit Mode’ menu in the app).
- Step 3: Click on the ‘X’.
- Step 4: Click ‘Yes’ to confirm you want to uninstall the app.
- Step 5: From the main menu, open the LG Content Store.
- Step 6: Select ‘Apps’.
- Step 7: Scroll and locate the YouTube app, click on it.
- Step 8: To reinstall the app, click on ‘Install.
2. Check Internet Connection or Reset Modem/Router
Poor network connection/speed can cause the YouTube app not to work. This can affect streaming most. Though the youtube app should still open, you won’t even be able to search for videos if you don’t have an internet connection
To check your internet speed, launch your LG TV, open the web browser and go to a speed testing website like speedtest.net. Streaming services require speeds of at least 3MB/s.
If your internet is slower than 3MB/s, then your network is the cause of the problem. Reset your modem and router using the steps below.
- Step 1: Unplug your router and modem from their power source.
- Step 2: Wait for one minute.
- Step 3: Plug back the modem to the power first.
- Step 4: After the modem has rebooted, now plug the router back into a power source
- Step 5: Once the router has rebooted fully, check your internet connection again.
If the above reset did not work, you should check if your service provider is fully functioning because some internet issues are caused by the service provider, sometimes due to local maintenance that can disrupt the network.
3. Update Your LG TV
Bugs in the TV’s firmware are a result of not updating your Tv software. Therefore, you should update your LG TV Below are the steps.
Step 1: Click on the ‘Home’ button on your remote.
Step 2: Scroll to ‘General > About this TV’.
Step 3: Click on ‘Check for Updates.
Step 4: Check for any available updates, then download and install them.
4. Hard Reset TV
The hard reset TV option can remove any small errors in your LG Smart Tv without erasing any downloaded content or preferences. Below are the steps to perform a hard reset.
- Turn off the Smart TV and disconnect any connected devices.
- Unplug from its power source.
- On the Tv, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then turn on the TV back again.
- You can now check the YouTube app again and reconnect any devices.
5. Factory Reset TV
The factory reset is the final option to fix LG Tv youtube TV app issues. This type of reset deletes all downloaded content and saved preferences. If the Smart TV didn’t have the YouTube app originally installed, the. This troubleshooting app will be deleted as well. The factory reset fix is very very effective in solving most software issues with your TV.
- Click on the ‘Home’ button on the remote.
- Scroll to ‘Settings > General > Reset to Initial Settings’.
- If you are asked to enter a passcode, the default code will either be ‘0000’ or ‘1234’.
- Click Confirm for the factory reset to begin.
- Wait for some seconds as the TV reboots completely.
- After the setup is completed, reinstall the YouTube app.
That’s all on how to watch Youtube on LG Smart TV. YouTube is one of the most popular video streaming apps in the world. And with the YouTube app, you can watch videos, share videos, comment, subscribe to the channels for more videos, as well as report any video for inappropriate content.
This guide shows you how to watch Youtube on LG Smart TV, how to watch YouTube on LG Smart TV using the app, how to watch YouTube on LG Smart TV from a Phone, as well as LG TV Youtube TV app issues and how to fix them.
Got any questions? Leave a comment below