The Kodi app is one of the most common apps you will find yourself using on your Firestick; it provides a way of streaming live movies, watching movie series, etc. Kodi app is known for engaging in Iterative app upgrades to fix bugs and improve performance.
Updating your Kodi app to the latest version is always advisable. This results from the availability of new features, bug fixes, stability and performance, improvement, and security patches update.
As stated, updating your Kodi app on your Firestick provides you with a way of preventing security breaches or loopholes that might surface. This is through bug identification and performance updates that the developer has considered.
Kodi provides a means of notifying users if any update is available. Suppose you are in this position where you are constantly receiving notifications about a new Kodi release and finding it difficult to update the Kodi app on your Firestick. In that case, you are at the right place.
Because in today’s article, you will learn the best, fast and possible way of updating your Kodi app.
The process is quite simple and easy to follow; at the cause of this article, we will be using the downloader app and ES File Explorer to get your Kodi app update.
Do You Need To Update Kodi on FireStick?
Undoubtedly, there is greater efficiency when using the latest Kodi app. This is in the form of security patches, performance improvement, and new features in terms of functionalities and user interface.
Using outdated Kodi apps creates an avenue for security threats to attack them and steal sensitive information from them. While using updated software, it’s regarded to have fixed many issues underlying the software in terms of bug fixes.
Kodi app doesn’t go beyond this, and it creates an avenue for secure and reliable app usage.
How To Enable Unknown Source in Firestick
This is a common feature in the Amazon Firestick. Once ‘App from unknown source‘ is turned off, it restricts users from installing third-party apps. However, for this tutorial, you need to update it.
To enable unknown sources in your Firestick:
- Step 1: Navigate to the setting on your home screen
- Step 2: Select My Fire TV
- Step 3: Scroll down and choose Developer Option
- Step 4: Select ‘Apps from unknown sources“
- Step 5: Select ‘Turn once“
We are one step forward at this stage, implying that we can now download and install third-party apps on our Firestick.
How to Download Kodi on Firestick Downloader App
The downloader app is relatively free, and you don’t need to pay a dime before using it.
It will be used to download the Kodi app since the Kodi app can’t be found on the Amazon content store.
To download the Downloader app:
- Step 1: Hover over the search icon, and an on-screen keyboard will Display.
- Step 2: Type ‘Downloader‘; it normally displays around the first or second search results.
- Step 3: Click on Downloader and click on download; the app begins downloading and installing.
- Step 4: Open the downloader app; at first, all will seek run time permission while accessing media, files, and photos; click on ‘allow‘.
At this moment, you should have a working Downloader app on your Firestick.
How to Use Kodi on Firestick Safely with ExpressVPN
While legal, the Kodi app may also contain inappropriate content, and as a result, it is not found in the Amazon content store. This is because Kodi provides a means of 3rd party add-ons installations, which are likely to contain content illegal in some countries.
To not find yourself in legal trouble, it is preferable to use a VPN. I strongly suggest the Express VPN. This will help to keep your activities most secret from legal authorities.
To install Expressvpn on Firestick:
- Step 1: Navigate to the search
- Step 2: Search for ExpressVPN
- Step 3: Download and install
By now, you should have your Express VPN installed on your Firestick.
How to Update Kodi App On Firestick
Let’s begin the climax of this article by writing how you can update a Kodi app in Firestick. At this level, you already know the importance of updating your Kodi app and the implications of using an outdated version:
Updating the Kodi app can be done in two methods which are:
1. Using the Downloader App
Step 1: Open the Downloader app
Step 2: Copy and paste the download link in the URL Field: https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk OR https://firesticklab.com/kodi.apk ; the download is expected to start immediately.
Step 3: Wait for some minutes, open the Kodi app, install and click done.
Step 4: Delete previous version data, and confirm the delete. This is after installing the new Kodi app.
You should be experiencing a new version of Kodi, with absolutely new improvements.
2. Using ES FILE EXPLORER
This method is another way you can adopt to update your Kodi app. You might not want to use this method if you have previously used the downloader method.
This app is a file manager that helps download apps to your Amazon Firestick, and it is worth using!
This method is quite expensive; unlike the Downloader app, which is free to use, the ES File Explorer isn’t.
ES File Explorer is no longer free. To sideload apps, you will need to pay $9.99 per month. That is why I recommend using the Downloader app.
The following are steps used to update the Kodi app in Firestick
- Step 1: Install the ES File Explorer, using the method above
- Step 2: Launch the ES File Explorer; it will first seek run time permission.
- Step 3: On the right-hand side, select and click the downloader icon
- Step 4: Click New
- Step 5: Provide the app download link; in this case, the Kodi app download link is https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk
- Step 6: Click download now
- Step 7: Wait for the Kodi app to finish downloading and open it.
- Step 8: Install, and wait for a few minutes.
That’s all; at this moment, you have the latest Kodi app.
How Do I Check My Version of Kodi on Firestick
Checking the version of your Kodi app on your Firestick is very important. This is to create a consciousness of the particular version of the Kodi app you are using.
The following steps are used to check your Kodi app version:
- Step 1: From your home screen, select the menu
- Step 2: Click on Settings
- Step 3: Select Applications
- Step 4: Click on manage installed applications
- Step 5: you will see a list of all apps on your Firestick. Click on Kodi, and see your Kodi app version on the right-hand side.
Kodi Latest App Version
The current version of the Kodi app is 19.4. The update was released in October 2021, and it is the third update since the release of Kodi 19 earlier in 2021.
Kodi Update failed – What To Do.
While I have stated several ways of updating the Kodi app on your Firestick, if at most, you are still experiencing difficulties updating it, you need to do the following:
- Ensure you are installing the 32bit of Kodi app
- Uninstall the previous version and install the Kodi 19.4 version
- Restart Firestick
- Reregistering your amazon Firestick and registering it again. To remove it, go to Settings > move forward and select My Account > Click on Amazon Account > Select Deregister > ignore the warning message and select Deregister.
Is it legal To Use Kodi?
Kodi is a legal streaming app found on most popular stores like the Microsoft store and Google play store.
However, that alone shows the authenticity and reliability of the Kodi app.
MORE ON Firestick:
How To Fix Firestick Peacock Not Working (Easy Fix)
How To Fix Hulu Unavailable On Firestick
Easy Ways To Fix Firestick Prime Video Not Working
How to Fix Firestick Disney Plus Not Working
Updating Kodi on Firestick will let you take advantage of new releases, performance improvement, and total benefits.
In this tutorial, I have explained how to update Kodi on Firestick with an easy-to-understand step-by-step guide.
If you have any contributions, you might want to leave a comment below.