In today’s article, I will show you how to unsync google photos on your device.
5o sync your photos is one-way google used to back up your Photos, by storing them on the cloud storage.
Whenever you enable backup and sync features on your device, all your photos and videos will automatically be stored on the cloud, making them accessible to you, even without using your primary device.
While most people are left not understanding how this feature works, they became more interested in learning how to unsync all photos that have been stored by Google.
Hence, I will be showing you how to unsync your photos from Google.
How To Unsync Google Photos
Unsyncing google photos will prevent google from backing up your Photos, and therefore, whenever you lose your present device, you might not be able to recover your photos.
But in a case where your photos have been backed up, you will still be able to recover them from google.
This method works almost similarly to both Android and iPhone devices.
The steps to unsync google photos are as follows:
- Step 1: Open the Google photos Applications on your device, and tap the profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap Photos Settings
Once you click on the profile picture, scroll down and tap the Photos Settings option.
- Step 3: Tap Backup & Sync.
Tap the Backup and sync which is literally, the first option.
- Step 4: Under the first option, toggle the Backup and sync feature to turn it off from backing up and syncing your Google photos.
Once you have turned off this feature, google won’t back up or sync your photos any longer on the cloud.
Can I Add 2 Accounts On Google Photos?
Yes, you can add as many accounts as possible to your Google photos, to do this follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the Google Photos App on your device.
- Step 2: Tap your account icon at the top right side of the screen
- Step 3: Tap the Down arrow
- Step 4: Select Add Another Account, then login to the new account using the email address and password associated with that account.
You can also switch between accounts using the method.
How To Unsync Google Photos On Iphone?
The process to unsync google photos on iphone, takes an entirely similar approach, to android.
To unsync google photos on an iphone, you can follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the Google Photo app
- Step 2: Select your Account, at the top right corner.
- Step 3: Select Photos Settings
- Step 4: Tap Backup and Sync
- Step 5: Turn off the Backup and Sync, by toggling the switch on the right side.
How Do I Access Google Photos?
You can access Google Photos on the web at www.google.com, or by installing the Google Photos app on your mobile device.
Once you log in, google automatically restores your stored Photos.
Where Are My Saved Google Photos?
The location of your saved google photos depends on the particular device you are up to.
If you are using an Android device, they are usually stored in the photo or gallery app, while for an iPhone, they are stored in the Photos app.
MORE ON PHOTOS:
Easy Methods to Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone
Download Photos, Videos & Story of Private Instagram Android/iPhone?
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From iPhone Without Computer
Cloud Storage for Photos and Videos 2022
How To Remove Scribbles On A Screenshot On iPhone [BEST WAY]
I believe now you should be able to unsync google photos on your device. If you are still having any relying issues, you can drop a comment below.