Most times content doesn’t violate YouTube policies which may not be ok for viewers less than 18 years old. If you are going through some restriction experience with your YouTube content not viewing due to age issues then you need to make a little adjustment.
Learning how to Turn off age restrictions on YouTube can be learned quickly by following the right steps. So here in this article, I will show you how to do so, for you to be able to view much YouTube content without having to go through any form of age restriction.
How to Turn off Age Restriction on Youtube
Age-restricted content is not viewable to users under 18 years of age or users who are logged out of your account completely. Meaning if you are not logged into your account, you won’t be able to view this content regardless of your age.
The first step to Enable restricted content is to make sure that the Restricted mode is turned off on your YouTube. To turn off restricted contents, here are some important steps to follow:
- First, open your YouTube account.
- Go to settings.
- Toggle OFF restricted mode.
Another way to turn off age restriction on YouTube is by editing your Date of birth from your signed Google account. To edit your Date of birth here are some steps to follow:
- First Login your Google account.
- Then click on personal info.
- Click on Birth Day.
- Update your Birth Day so you will be above 18 years old.
- Confirm changes.
How to Turn off Age Restriction on Youtube 2022 using Android
The age restriction mode function limits a lot of people above or below a certain age bracket from accessing specified YouTube content. This is done for youth’s safety until one is old and mature enough to handle the things they are restricted from.
The steps below are what you need to know on how to turn off age restriction mode on your Android device:
- First, log in to your YouTube account.
- Tap on the profile image in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- Then tap on General.
- Lastly, tap the toggle OFF button that says Restricted mode.
Turn off Age Restriction on Youtube using iPhone
It doesn’t matter the device you are using, age-restricted works on all devices as it’s a function on the platform, not the phone. You can as well turn off age restriction mode on YouTube when using an iPhone or any other iOS device.
To turn off an age restriction mode on your YouTube account using an iPhone here are some important guidelines to follow:
- First Open your YouTube app.
- Then tap on the profile image in the upper right corner.
- Now tap on Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap the toggle button that says Restricted mode to turn Off.
Turn off Age Restriction on Youtube using a PC
The following article will teach you how to turn off the age restriction on Youtube using a PC. How to Turn Off Age Restriction on Youtube Using PC.
To turn off the Age restriction on YouTube using a PC, here are some important steps you need to take note of:
- Open your YouTube account.
- Tap on the profile icon.
- Click on “Restricted Mode On” from the list drop-down menu.
- Then tap on the toggle button to turn it Off.
- Open your browser and go to youtube.com.
- Click the “Sign in” button from the top right corner of your screen and enter your email address and password if you have an account or click the “Sign up” button if you don’t have an account yet. If you are logged in, then skip this step.
- Scroll down and click on the search button at the top right corner of your screen to enter a search term or phrase.
- Once you have found a video you want to watch, click on the “Play Video” button from the bottom left corner of your screen.
- On YouTube, once you have clicked on “Play Video“, it will automatically play the first 10 seconds of the video. If you want to watch the whole video, then at the top right corner of your screen where it says “View More” click on “Play Video” again and YouTube will jump to the beginning of that video.
- If you are not logged in, then you will be asked if you want to create an account and subscribe to YouTube. If you choose yes then it will take you to the “Create Account” screen.
To turn off age restriction mode on YouTube using a PC, the above method will work just fine for you. All YouTube content violating the YouTube policies will be automatically restricted by the platform itself, you can turn off mode or walk bypass the restriction to watch content while signed in.
How to Watch Age-Restricted Videos on Youtube without Signed In
If you come across a video on YouTube that for one reason or another has been set as “Age Restricted” you can still watch it without signing in. Follow me as I show you the tricks you need to employ in watching Age Restricted content on YouTube without signing in.
To watch age-restricted videos on YouTube without signing in, you will need anywhere is what you need to do:
- open your phone browser
- Visit the YouTube.com website
- Search for an Age Restricted video and select
- Now go to the link to the video
- Now input the word “NSFW” before the YouTube word
- Then press continue.
Above are a little trick that works In case you only want to watch the restricted content just for a moment and don’t want to turn Off mode. You should be able to watch the restricted videos on YouTube using your Android or iPhone after following these steps.
How to Watch Age Restricted Videos on Youtube App
The YouTube app for Android provides an easy way to watch videos on your phone or tablet. However, you might not be able to access all videos if you are under a certain age.
The app has a restriction on age which can be bypassed by following the given steps:
- Open the YouTube app and search for the video you want to watch.
- Tap on the video thumbnail and then tap ‘add to the library.
- Now go back and tap ‘watch‘ or ‘play‘.
To watch age-restricted videos on the YouTube app for Android, you need to make sure that your date of birth is showing on your Google account settings page. If it isn’t showing up there then you will need to update it from your computer or by contacting Google support directly.
How to Watch Age-restricted Videos on Youtube when Signed in
There are many different ways to watch age-restricted videos on Youtube when signed in. The easiest way is to go to the YouTube website, click on the video you want to watch, and then click on “show more” before clicking “watch.”
This will take you to a page that has the video and a few other videos from the same channel. Many browser extensions allow you to bypass age restrictions, such as NewPipe.
YouTube has a “restricted mode” available for users who are logged in. This is a voluntary setting that allows users to filter content on YouTube that may not be appropriate for all audiences.
To activate this setting, CLICK HERE and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Restricted Mode“.
Alternatively, you can also CLICK HERE and replace XXXX with the video’s ID number which can be found at the end of any YouTube URL.
How To Fix YouTube Not Working On Smart TV (Solved)
How To Fix Samsung TV YouTube Not Working (Easy Fix)
Vizio TV YouTube Not Working? – What To Do
An age Restricted mode on YouTube will help to filter contents that I may consider mature for youths to watch. Some of this Restricted Content includes videos on drugs and alcohol, erotic videos, violence, and mature topics considered too bad for youths.
Here in this article are steps you need on How to Turn off Age Restriction on Youtube either using an Android, an iOS, or a PC. Take your time to read the entire content of the post and drop a comment if you have any in the comment section below.