Do you know that your Chromecast streaming device needs to use wifi to connect to your devices?. Well, the Chromecast can only remember a single wifi network at a very point in time.
It actually means that if you need to change networks, you will need to make reset your Chromecast settings. In this article actually, you will get the response to How to Switch/Change Chromecast Wi-Fi network?.
How to Switch/Change Chromecast Wi-Fi network?
Here in this article, you will learn how to change or switch wifi networks on Chromecast in an easier and simple method. Actually, there are several ways in which you can solve the problem as well.
Take note that before you start, you should make sure your smartphone or other devices you are using is connected to the same network as that of the Chromecast. Though there is an alternative if failed.
So if you can’t connect to the same network, you will have to manually reset your Chromecast simply. Below is a response to the question How to Switch/Change Chromecast Wi-Fi network?.
- First, turn on the TV and as well plug in your Chromecast.
- The Chromecast will be turned on as indicated by a sign of light shown on the device.
- Then open the Google home application. Actually, the applications are available on the apple store and the google play store for free.
- On your device as well, you should select your Chromecast.
- At this stage, a name that you gave during the set-up process will be shown just like the living room TV.
- You can now click or tap the gear icon that is located at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- The next thing that you will do at this stage is to select WiFi
- Then click or tap the forget this network icon.
- Once you forget your Chromecast’s WiFi network, you can change it by setting up your device again.
That’s all you need to know about the above topic and it’s as simple as that so utilize the information very well. Remember to share with family and friends for the benefit of them and others as well.
Change The Wi-Fi Network for Chromecast or Chromecast Audio
Chromecast and Chromecast audio devices can simply and only be remembered as one wifi network at a time. So if you change your WiFi network and your device is not currently connected to a WiFi network then perform a factory reset.
And then set up your Chromecast or Chromecast audio on the new network and that is what you need to do. So if your Chromecast or Chromecast audio is connected to an existing WiFi network but you would like to connect to a new one.
The steps below will serve as a guide on how to change the Wi-Fi network for Chromecast or ChromecastAudio:
- First, make sure that your mobile device or other device is linked to the same account as that of your Chromecast.
- You then open the google home application on your device as well.
- You can now touch and hold on to your device’s file.
- Here, you tap or click the device information and then click on wifi through which you then forget this network.
- At this stage, you will be taken back to your home screen as well.
- And it’s done.
Follow the steps above for you to be able to get a chance of changing your Chromecast or Chromecast audio on your mobile device. As we are moving forward, you will get to see more related information.
How to Access Chromecast Settings
You may also wish to get access to the Chromecast settings as you may need it based on your personal reason. Here you will get the guide about that in a simple way that will not cause problems.
Actually for you to gain access to your Chromecast settings on your mobile device, you need to follow the information that follows. You first launch google home and select devices in the top right corner.
After that, you will select the three dots at the menu for the Chromecast itself and from there you select settings. From there you are free to have access to any settings that you wish to do on the Chromecast.
How Do I Access the Chromecast Menu?
There is a possibility for you to access the Chromecast menu as you already know how to enter through the Chromecast settings. So for you to gain access to the Chromecast menu in the application.
Following this, you first click the three dots that are located in the upper corner of the chrome so as to open the menu. You simply choose your Chromecast from the drop-down menu and that’s all.
With the information above, you will be able to access the Chromecast settings so you will also be able to have access to the Chromecast menu. Just try and share this information for the benefit of others.
MORE ON Chromecast:
In conclusion, how to Switch/Change the Chromecast Wi-Fi network?, Chromecast and Chromecast audio devices can simply and only be remembered as one wifi network at a time. So if you change your WiFi network and your device is not currently connected to a WiFi network then perform a factory reset.