Are you finding it difficult to remove a particular device from your Spotify? If Yes! Then I got you covered.
On your daily usage of the Spotify App, you tend to connect several devices to your account, maybe a speaker or an entirely different device, like a Computer or a Mobile phone, or you probably used your friend’s PC to log in to your account and forget to remove it.
However, understanding how to remove these devices from your Spotify account is a big deal, especially while using a Spotify premium account.
You can remove devices connected to your Spotify account either through a computer or via Mobile Phones.
Therefore, in this article, I will show you how you can remove multiple devices from your Spotify account with just simple steps.
How to Remove a Device From Spotify
Devices connected to your Spotify account can be removed through your PC or Mobile phone; each takes entirely different steps.
So let’s see how you can remove a device from your account using both of them.
How to Remove a Device From Spotify on Mobile Devices
The steps below show you how to remove a device connected to your Spotify account through the Spotify mobile App.
- Step 1: Open your Spotify Application
- Step 2: In the Home fragments, select the Settings icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Select the Devices option from the menu lists
- Step 4: Select Device Menu to view the devices connected to your Spotify account n
- Step 5: You will see a list of all devices connected to your Spotify account. Choose the device you wish to remove by clicking on the three dots on the left side.
- Step 6: A confirmation dialog will be displayed. Select Forget device, to remove the device from your account.
This is how you can remove the device(s) from your Spotify with just 6 Steps.
How to Remove a Device From Spotify on a PC or Desktop
Similarly, you can also remove devices connected to your Spotify via your PC, using either Mac or windows, or whatever.
- Step 1: Open the Spotify Desktop Application on your PC.
- Step 2: At the top right corner, where you will see the Arrow icon, click on it, and a drop-down spinner list will be displayed.
- Step 3: Click on Account on the spinner list.
- Step 4: At this stage, your browser will open the Account overview page, scroll down and click on the Sign out everywhere
And that’s how you can remove devices connected to your Spotify account.
Remove a Device From Spotify.
To completely remove a device from Spotify: On the Home screen, click on the Settings icon at the top right corner, and tap on Devices from the menu list.
Then you select the Device Menu option to see all the devices connected to your Spotify account. Select the device you want to delete and press the three dots on the right side.
Lastly, Tap Forget Device to remove the specific device.
How to Lock Spotify on One Device
You can lock your Spotify on one device, allowing only one device to connect to your Spotify account.
You can either set your Spotify to an offline mode or remove all connected apps from your account.
Setting your Spotify account offline is virtually the best way to restrict your account from multiple devices.
What Happens When You Forget a Device on Spotify?
When you have a device connected to your Spotify account, you need to remove it. You can use the Forget device feature, which is available on Spotify, to Delete a specific device from your account.
Therefore, whenever you click on the Forget Device, you explicitly remove a device permanently from your account.
Why is My Spotify Connected To Another Device?
This happens mostly when you have used the same email address on multiple devices.
To delete a device from Spotify, you can use the Forget Device option.
MORE ON Spotify:
It is very important to Track down what device (s) are connected to your Spotify account.
While using Spotify premium, you tend to share your account with some of your friends and probably forget to remove them.
In this article, I have explained how you can remove a particular device from your Spotify account.