YouTube is one of the most popular websites on the internet. It is a place where people can watch videos, upload their videos, and even live stream their lives.
However, sometimes YouTube might stop working on smart TVs for unclear reasons. If you are trying to use YouTube on your smart TV and it’s not working, try checking your internet to make sure your TV is connected.
If this doesn’t work continue reading to find other solutions.
5 Reasons Why YouTube might Not Working On Smart TV
There are many reasons for this but here are 5 of them:
- The lack of support from TV manufacturers: There are a lot of TV manufacturers out there who do not have any YouTube apps on their devices. This is because they prefer to have their video streaming service instead.
- The lack of support from smart TV operating systems: Smart TVs usually come with an operating system that controls the device’s features and functionality. And this OS may not support YouTube or have it as a pre-installed app. In such cases, users may need to download an app from the market and install it on their TV.
- If a user has not installed any YouTube app on their TV: In some cases, TVs are outfitted with apps that block YouTube. This is usually driven by content creators who do not want their videos to be streamed on YouTube but rather exclusively on their website or app.
- if a user has a YouTube blocking app installed: There are many TV operating systems and apps that come with YouTube-blocking software. For example, OnStar’s in-vehicle system has a YouTube-blocking feature as of March 2020.
How to Fix YouTube Not Working on TV Ruko
YouTube has not been working on TV Roku boxes since the YouTube app was removed from the platform. This led many people who have this issue to wonder how they can fix it.
If you’re one of these people, we have a few solutions for you!
- If your TV Roku box does not support the YouTube app, you might need to upgrade your device.
- If that doesn’t work, try unplugging the device and plugging it back in again with no HDMI cable connected to it.
- If none of these work, try updating the firmware on your TV Roku box by going into Settings > System > System Update and Update Now.
How to Reset YouTube on Smart TV
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, there is a chance that the YouTube app is not working properly and it may be due to issues with the network connection. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Samsung Smart TV
- Scroll down and find Network Connection
- Select Wireless Network Connection
- Select Wired Network Connection
- Click on Wired Network Connection and select Reset to Factory Defaults
How to Update YouTube on Smart TV
You can also enable auto-update for Google Play Store apps. After that, open your app store and search for “YouTube“. Finally, install this new version of the app on your smart TV.
How to Fix YouTube Not Working On Smart TV
There are many possible reasons why the YouTube app might not be working on your TV. Some of these reasons can range from hardware problems to slow or bad network, inability to connect to Wifi, or need to update the YouTube app to even Your smart Tv not supporting the use of the YouTube app.
Below are some of the major causes and how to fix them
Slow or Bad Network
Normally even though your TV works locally, without internet access, YouTube is online and needs internet to be able to function. So in that case, to be able to watch anything on the YouTube app on your TV, you need a strong and fast internet connection.
For this reason, if YouTube is not functioning the way it should on your TV, the first thing you should do is check your internet speed to be sure it’s strong enough. If it is not then change your internet source for a better experience.
Need to Update the YouTube App
If your apps are not up to date, you might miss out o some new features or altogether be unable to use the app entirely. From time to time YouTube does update the app, it is advisable to always make sure your apps are up to date to avoid issues.
These mentioned issues are the most common among others. However, in some cases, a simple restart is enough to fix this problem, Yes you read right, if your YouTube app stops working on your smart TV, simply switch it off and back on.
YouTube Not Working on Android TV
If YouTube stops working on your Android TV there simply restart it, yes I mean just switch it off and put it back on. This might sound very easy and basic but yes it works very well especially when you have been using the TV for a long.
However, if these do not work then there are other solutions you can try
Update The YouTube App
Always make sure you have the updated YouTube app at all times. If your app is outdated, it might get infected with bugs and thereby start misbehaving.
How Do I Reset Youtube on My LG Smart Tv?
Resetting Youtube on your LG Smart TV is easy. All you need to do is press the reset button on the back of your LG Smart TV.
If you are unable to find this button, then you can also reset your TV by going into the settings menu and selecting “Reset.”
How Do You Update Apps on a Smart Tv?
App updates are typically done through the app store on your smart TV, but it is not always easy to find the right apps for your device. Luckily, we have some tips for you to help you update apps on your smart TV!
The most common way to update apps on your Smart TV is through the app store that is already built into the device. To do so, simply open up the app store and search for an update for one of your installed apps.
How Do I Get Youtube on My Smart Tv?
To access YouTube on your smart TV, you need to have a smart TV with a built-in YouTube app. If you do not have one, there are a few different ways that you can get it.
One way is to purchase an HDMI cable that can connect your phone or laptop to the TV. Another option is to use Google Chromecast which allows you to stream content from your phone or laptop onto your TV via WiFi.
If you don’t want the hassle of connecting and disconnecting cables, you can use the free app “Youtube On Your Phone” which will bring up videos on full screen on any device with a screen size of 8 inches or smaller.
MORE ON YouTube:
There are many reasons why YouTube is not working on a smart TV. One of them is that YouTube does not have an official app for smart TVs.
This article has covered most of the other reasons why YouTube might not be working on smart TV and provided solutions. If you have questions please ask using the comments section.