If you’re having a hard time connecting with your Xfinity remote, you’ve come to the right place. Here is a comprehensive guide to fixing your remote and making it work like new again.
This article will help you figure out what might be wrong with your remote and how to fix it. It includes a detailed troubleshooting section, which includes steps for the most common problems with your remote.
Why is Xfinity Remote Not Working
Xfinity remote not working? Here are the 5 reasons why it might be happening.
- The batteries are dead. Replace the batteries in your remote to get it working again.
- You need to update the software on your remote by going to Settings and then System Updates on your TV screen.
- It might be time for a new remote! It’s time for a new Xfinity Remote if you notice that it is slow or doesn’t work well with any of your remotes, or if you’re not getting any response from pressing buttons on it anymore.
- The battery compartment needs to be cleaned out with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol and then dried off before putting the batteries back into the device again.
- If you feel like the device is not functioning properly, you can always replace the batteries.
- If there are still no signs of life after a new set of batteries has been installed, please contact your local retailer.
How to Fix Xfinity Remote Not Working
If your Xfinity remote is not working well, there are a few things you can do to fix this issue. Below are some options you have
- Download the Latest App version
When you find that your TV remote is not working, the first thing that you should do is make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of Xfinity Remote on both your phone and tablet. If you are still having issues with this step then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both devices.
- Check to see if the batteries are installed correctly
Another thing you can try is to check the battery and make sure that the batteries are installed correctly. However, if your remote is broken beyond repair or if you’re just not sure, you can bring it in for repair at a local Xfinity store.
- Check for loose connections
A loose connection could be the cause of the malfunctioning of your remote, To fix this problem, you can simply open the battery cover and inspect the battery connection.
- Reset The Remote
- First, you must remember how to press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds. You should see a red light on when you first do that. After the light changes to green, you can use this feature on your TV again.
- Press 9-8-1.
- The LED will blink blue three times to indicate that the remote was reset.
If none of these solutions work, take it in for repair as this might need professional attention.
Why is Xfinity Remote Not Working Red Light
If the red light on your Xfinity remote comes on, it probably means one of three things. It’s either the battery in the remote is low or dying.
Another reason why this red light could be on is that the remote is probably out of range and you are trying to execute a function on the remote. and lastly, another reason is being unresponsive.
How to Fix Xfinity Remote Not Changing Channels
If your Xfinity is faulty and not changing channels, it does not cause you to worry. Follow the guide below to fix the problem.
The steps are as follows:
- First, press the power button on your remote.
- Second, press and hold the channel button on your remote for about 10 seconds.
- Third, release the button and then press and hold the channel button for about 10 seconds again.
- Finally release both buttons and then try turning on your TV again.
How to Reset Xfinity Remote
You can follow these steps to reset your XR11, XR2, or XR5 remote. If the remote has a Setup button, then start from there.
- Press and hold the Setup button. In about 5 seconds, the color of the LED on the remote will turn green from red.
- Press 9-8-1. You will see that the LED will blink twice in green color. Now, your remote has been reset.
Where is the Setup Button on Xfinity Remote?
The Setup Button is located in the bottom right corner of the remote. It is a green button that can be pressed to access all the settings on your Xfinity remote.
If you are having trouble finding it, try looking for a button with a green circle and a number 1 in the bottom left corner of your remote.
The Setup Button on Xfinity Remote allows you to change channels and other settings like volume or mute, but it also allows you to change your device type from TV to Cable Box or TV Stick.
How Do I Resync My Xfinity Remote?
Resyncing your remote is an easy process. It can be done in a few steps.
First, make sure that your remote is on and the TV is on. Then, press the “TV” button on your remote and select “Input” or “TV Input.” Next, click on the input you want to use for your TV. Finally, go to the settings of your TV and choose “Input” or “TV Input.”
If you are still having trouble with resynchronizing your Xfinity Remote, contact Comcast customer service for help.
What Are the Codes for Xfinity Remote?
The codes for Xfinity remote are the numbers that you need to enter into your remote to change the channels on your TV.
You can find these codes by looking at your remote. You can also look up the codes online by typing in “Xfinity remote code”.
The codes for Xfinity remote are as follows:
- LG 10178, 11265.
- Panasonic 10051, 10250.
- Sony 10000, 11100.
- Sharp 10093, 10165.
- Toshiba 10156, 11156.
- Vizio 11758, 11756.
- Samsung 10812, 10060.
- Sanyo 10154, 10159.
MORE ON Xfinity:
The Xfinity Remote app is a great tool to control your TV, cable box, and other devices in your home. However, when the app stops working, it can be frustrating and that is why we have taken our time to write this article.
This article has covered all you need to know about the causes and how to fix the issue and keep using your remote for all of your entertainment needs. If you have any questions or need more clarifications please ask using the comments section.