An oculus is an individual’s headset to have a better experience with other devices on social media. Oculus Quest does have an account you can use to merge with other devices for a more satisfying experience from both the device and the Oculus quest.
There are moments when you will want to delete the existing oculus account you used to merge to your Facebook account. This is not something everyone knows how to do. So let’s focus our attention more on how we can delete an Oculus account from Facebook shortly.
How to Delete Oculus Account from Facebook
To delete your oculus account from Facebook, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, visit their official website occulus.com
- Click on the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Click Privacy center.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find your Data option.
- Tap on the Oculus Data.
- Then select the delete option.
Following this process should successfully delete your oculus account data and people won’t be able to see your information on Oculus. It takes oculus 90days before your oculus data is completely deleted.
During all these, you might still receive personalized Ads on and off the company product not giving you access to your oculus information.
How to Delete Oculus Quest 2 Account on App
The Oculus Quest 2 is the latest VR headset from Oculus. The new design offers a lot of improvements over the previous version. It is lighter, more comfortable, and has better battery life.
There are two ways to delete your account on the Oculus Quest 2 app:
- You can go to Settings on your phone and tap “Oculus” and then “Delete Account”.
- You can go to Settings on your phone and tap “Accounts” and then select “Oculus” and then “Delete Account.”
How to Cancel Oculus Account Deletion
There are many reasons why you would want to cancel your Oculus account. Maybe you’re returning the device, or perhaps you just don’t like it anymore and want to move on. Whatever the case, here’s how to do it.
- Step One: Go to your settings in the Oculus app on your phone and click on “Manage Your Account”
- Step Two: Click on “Cancel Service” and then confirm by clicking “Yes”
How to Reset Oculus Account Password
The Oculus Rift headset has three main components: the headset itself, a sensor, and an Xbox One controller. The sensor is used to track the position of your head concerning the rest of the world.
This way, it can tell when you lean forward or back or tilt your head sideways. The Xbox One controller is used for navigation and interacting with objects in the virtual world.
To use your device, you will need to set up an account with Oculus by creating a password and username. If you have forgotten your password or username on an Oculus account there are easy steps that you can take to reset it without contacting customer support.
- Go to www.oculus.com and click the “Forgot your password” link at the top of the page.
- Enter your email address and click “Send Password Reset Email“
- Follow the instructions in your email to reset your password.
Can You Unlink Facebook from Oculus?
Technically, it is not possible to unlink Facebook from Oculus. Oculus wants to be the number one social network for virtual reality and it is using Facebook as a way of doing this.
Facebook bought Oculus back in 2014 for $2 billion, and now it’s trying to use the virtual reality headset as a platform for social networking.
This could be seen as an extension of Facebook’s goal of connecting everyone on Earth, but with a much more futuristic twist.
Oculus wants to be the number one social network for virtual reality, and it is using Facebook as a way of doing this. In other words, you can’t unlink Facebook from Oculus because they are dependent on each other.
How Do I Unmerge My Oculus and Facebook Account?
To unmerge your Oculus and Facebook account, you need to
- First, log in to your Facebook account.
- Next, go to the Settings page and select Apps.
- You will see a list of all the apps that have access to your Facebook account.
- Scroll down until you find the “Oculus” app.
- Select it and click on “Remove Platform” at the bottom of the page.
Can I Change My Facebook Account on Oculus Quest 2?
Changing a Facebook account on Oculus quest is a possibility in more than just a single possible method. The two most effective methods of changing a Facebook account on Oculus quest are as follows:
- Reset the device to factory settings and log in with a new account.
To reset your device to factory settings, the guidelines mentioned below will help out a lot:
- First, turn off your headset.
- Pull the power and volume buttons all at the same time.
- Wait for the boot screen to load on your headset.
- Use the volume button on the headset to highlight the factory reset.
- Then press the power button.
- Add an account to the device.
- First, pull up your universal menu.
- Hover over the clock on the left side of the universe menu.
- Now click on quick settings to open the quick settings panel.
- Select settings in the top right corner.
- Then select the account in the top right corner.
- Then select continue.
- Now Add another account to the headset.
Can You Merge 2 Oculus Accounts?
Yes, you can go ahead and merge 2 Oculus accounts, you can merge your Oculus account to your Facebook account. Once you Login to your oculus App, you will have to log in to your Oculus account and merge it with your Facebook if you so wish.
Once you successfully merge your Oculus account to your Facebook, you cannot unmerge them anymore. Your account Logins for both oculus and Facebook can be used interchangeably long as the merging is successfully done.
What Happens When You Factory Reset Oculus Quest?
Each time you happen to factory reset your oculus quest it helps fix some of the minor glitches causing the all to misbehave. But the downside is that all downloaded games, account info, and all saved data will eventually get removed.
Factory resetting your oculus quest will return your app to the way it was when you downloaded it to your phone.
How to Reset the Oculus Quest 2 to Sell?
There are many ways to reset your oculus quest 2 which we will be looking at shortly here in this article. If you are looking to sell or trade-in your Oculus Quest 2, you might wonder how to reset the device.
To reset Quest 2, the following steps are all you need to follow:
- First select Settings in the Oculus Home menu.
- Then find and select Storage.
- Select Factory Reset at the bottom of the page.
- You will be prompted to confirm your decision.
- Tap on it to confirm.
For Older versions
Resetting the device is not difficult but some things need to be done first before it can be done:
- Put on the headset and make sure it’s turned on before you do anything.
- Ensure the device is plugged in and not in pairing mode.
- Lock the device and wait for it to reboot.
- Plug it back in.
- If the device has a reset button, press this to reset.
- Reset all settings such as your profile name, connection information, etc.
How to Share Wordle on Facebook (QUICK GUIDE)
What is Facebook Cartoon Profile Pic
How to Review Tags on Facebook
How to Add Music to Facebook Profile
There has been a lot of contradiction on the merged Oculus account with a Facebook account possibility of getting unmerged. Once merged the logins become universal for both which is why I write about the Oculus account for you to get more information.
Knowing How to Delete Oculus Account from Facebook if possible will be very great relevant to all Oculus users. Here in this article are possible ways to reset an Oculus account, delete or remove the account, go through them and feel free to comment on the article.