Are you wondering how you can delete multiple messages on your Mac computer? If yes, then this article is for you.
We live in a world overcome with globalization, that has invariably created the space for literally every person to engage in Text messaging.
The advent and evolvement of text messaging have an embedded dynamic process in it.
Most people currently sort out ways to find the most beneficial and profitable Text message app available on their App store.
Due to this intent, the Mac computer comes with an iMessage that has similar functionalities and features to Text messaging apps available on mobile devices.
Making a Great advantage for mac users.
However, the main subject of this article is based on how you can delete multiple messages on Mac.
How to delete multiple messages on Mac
While knowing how to delete individual messages on Mac, it is also necessary to learn how to delete multiple messages on your Mac computer.
This can help you save the stress and time taken in deleting multiple messages using a single method.
If you want to delete multiple messages on Mac, you can follow the steps below:
- Step 1: In the message, select all the messages you want to delete.
- Step 2: Go to File, and select Delete conversation, on the Menu bar
- Step 3: Another option is: you can select all the messages you want to delete and press ⌘ + Delete on your keyboard.
- Step 4: Confirm Delete.
Once you have confirmed delete, the messages you have selected earlier will be removed from your Mac.
Set How Long To Keep Messages
To set how long a message will stay on your device, can be done via the following steps:
- Step 1: Open the Message App on your Mac.
- Step 2: Choose Messages, then Preferences, and click the General option.
- Step 3: Click the Keep Messages pop-up menu and select any option listed.
If you choose an option other than Forever, your messages will be deleted after the stipulated time.
But if you select the forever option, your messages will not be deleted.
How To Delete A Message On Mac
- Step 1: Open the Messages app on your Mac, and choose a conversation.
- Step 2: If you want to delete messages, then you have to select one or more messages in the transcript and click Delete.
If you want to delete all messages within a conversion, then you can go to the Edit option, and select Clear Transcript.
However, the conversation will remain in your sidebar but will be removed from the transcript.
How To Delete Text Messages On Mac?
You can delete Text Messages On Mac. This will help you keep your Mac messages secured.
Delete a Text Message on Mac can be done through the following steps:
- Step 1: Open the Conversation
- Step 2: Select the Messages you want to delete.
- Step 3: Right Click and select Delete.
- Step 4: Confirm Delete.
How To Close Conversations Temporarily
If you don’t want to delete a message on Mac, then you can opt-in temporarily to close the conversation.
With this step, you won’t get your messages visible by you, but if a new message comes in, you will get the history of that message.
To close conversations temporarily, as follows:
- Step 1: Go to Preferences and then check or uncheck the Save History
- Step 2: Hover to the conversation on the left side, and click the X symbol just below the area.
MORE ON Mac:
By now you should know the steps and everything associated with deleting multiple messages on Mac.
However, you should also note that deleting multiple messages on Mac will get your messages deleted entirely.
Therefore, you are more likely not going to get your messages back.