It’s difficult to know what to do when your refrigerator stops working after a power outage. You might have tried everything you could think of, but it still won’t cool or freeze.
The good news is that there are some things you can do that might fix the problem. GE refrigerators are designed with an internal cooling system and cooling fan to keep food cold and safe during power outages.
If the cooling system does not work, then the freezer section will be affected as well as the fridge section. There are a few ways to fix GE Refrigerator not working or cooling after a power outage which have been mentioned below in this article.
Why is GE Refrigerator Not Working or Cooling After Power Outage
The refrigerator is one of the most important appliances in the home. It is used to store food and drinks and to keep them cool.
A power outage can cause a refrigerator to stop working or not cool. Sometimes, it may take hours for a fridge to cool down after a power outage. Here are some reasons why this might happen:
- The freezer has been turned off by the power outage – This happens when the power goes out but the freezer is still powered on by an automatic defrost timer or an ice maker that keeps running even when there isn’t any power.
- The compressor has stopped working – This happens if there are water leaks on top of the refrigerator or if someone opened up the refrigerator without turning off its compressor.
- The thermostat has stopped working – This happens when the power goes out, so the fridge doesn’t know what temperature it is supposed to be set at.
- The refrigerator is out of coolant – This can happen if the power went out for a long time and ran out of coolant.
How to Fix GE Refrigerator Not Working/Cooling After Power Outage
A refrigerator that is not cooling after a power outage is a common issue. The thermistor and compressor may have been damaged during the power outage.
The first step in troubleshooting a refrigerator that is not cooling after a power outage is to ensure that the thermistor and compressor are both functional. These two components are located in the back of the refrigerator.
If you cannot locate these components, then you should contact an appliance repair company for assistance. If you can locate these components, then you will need to replace them with new ones before continuing with troubleshooting your refrigerator.
Another thing you can try is If your refrigerator suddenly stops working, try to unplug the appliance from the wall outlet and then plug it back in. If that doesn’t work, unplug it for 10 minutes and then plug it back in.
If that doesn’t work, remove one of the fridge’s wire connectors and reattach them. If that doesn’t work, try turning off all energy sources at the circuit breaker box before you start troubleshooting.
Most refrigerators have an “off” switch on their power cord so if you can turn off power at the circuit breaker box before trying any other fixes, you should be able to get your refrigerator up and running again after a few minutes of waiting.
How Do I Put My Ge Refrigerator in Diagnostic Mode?
With the help of diagnostic mode, you can make sure that your refrigerator is working properly and efficiently.
Here are some steps to follow:
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release both buttons at the same time.
- Wait until your refrigerator emits a beep sound.
How Do I Reset My Ge Refrigerator Ice Maker?
This section will help you understand how to reset your Ge refrigerator ice maker.
If the ice dispenser is not making ice, it may be a problem with the water supply to the unit. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Turn off the water supply to the unit by turning off the valve at the bottom of your refrigerator.
- Unplug your refrigerator for safety reasons.
- Wait 10 minutes and then plug in your refrigerator again, but do not turn on any water until after you have turned on the power back up for a few seconds (this will prevent any electrical current from getting into your home).
- Turn on the power back up for a few seconds and then turn on the water for about 30 seconds to clear out any debris that may have accumulated in your lines.
How Long Does It Take to Reset a Ge Refrigerator?
This question is asked by a lot of people because they don’t know how to reset their GE refrigerator. Some people think that it would take forever, and some people think it would only take a few minutes. It turns out that it takes about 20-30 minutes to reset a GE refrigerator.
When you have a refrigerator that won’t work after a power outage, it can be difficult to know what to do. Some people might try everything they could think of, but in the end, it still won’t cool or freeze.
The good news is that, as you probably know, GE refrigerators are designed with an internal cooling system and a cooling fan to keep food safe when the power goes out. Follow the steps provided in the article above to get started with the fixing process.
This article has covered a list of the most common problems and their solutions for the GE Refrigerator that is not working or cooling after a power outage. If you have questions please ask using the comments section.