If you have LG TV, then you might be experiencing the issue of HDMI audio not working or stopped working. This problem is common with LG TVs and it is caused by a faulty audio jack.
The solution to this problem is very simple and easy to do. In this article, we have covered all you need to know about fixing LG TV HDMI audio not working.
Why is LG TV HDMI Audio Not Working
HDMI audio is a feature that allows you to connect your TV to your sound system. This HDMI audio feature is not working on LG TVs and there are several reasons why it does not work.
There are 5 reasons why this happens:
- The HDMI cable is not plugged in properly.
- The device that is connected to the LG TV has an issue with its sound output.
- You have a faulty HDMI port on your television or in the device.
- The device that is connected to the LG TV has an issue with its input.
- There is a network error on your computer and this causes a sound cutout.
How to Fix LG TV HDMI Audio Not Working
This is a frustrating issue and it can be difficult to fix. But, there are some things that you can try before you contact LG.
The first thing that you should do is plug the HDMI cable into a different port on the TV. If this doesn’t work, try plugging it into a different HDMI port on your TV. If this doesn’t work, try plugging it into an HDMI port on your cable box or A/V receiver. If all of these don’t work, then you may need to purchase an external audio device to connect to the LG TV’s audio output.
When your LG TV HDMI audio is not working, you can try a few methods to fix the issue. Some of the methods are as follows:
- Plugin your LG TV into the wall outlet and turn it on.
- Try another HDMI cable if you have one available.
- Try pressing the Power button on your LG TV for 10 seconds or so, then release it and try again with a different HDMI cable or another input source like a Blu-ray player or gaming console that uses an HDMI port on your LG TV.
- Try turning off all other devices connected to your LG TV and restarting it with the remote control before trying this again with a different HDMI cable or another input source like a Blu-ray player or gaming console that uses an HDMI port on your LG TV.
- If you still cannot get your LG TV to output audio from an external device, then re-pair your audio devices with the LG TV.
- If you still cannot get your LG TV to output audio from an external device, then re-pair the HDMI port on your LG TV with the HDMI input connected to the device that is not working with your LG TV.
Some issues may require a technician to visit your home and look into the issue further.
How Do I Get My LG TV to Play Sound Through HDMI?
The LG TV has built-in audio out port that allows you to connect it to an external audio system.
To get the sound from your TV through HDMI, you need to have a device that can convert digital signals into analog signals. There are many devices on the market today that can do this, such as soundbars and wireless speakers.
How Do I Reset the Sound On My LG TV?
To reset the sound on your LG TV, you need to press and hold the OPTION button on your remote until you hear a beep. This will pause the TV and allow you to enter a password.
Enter 1234 as your password and press OK. You should now be able to access your sound settings.
How Do I Change The Audio Output On My LG TV?
The LG TV is a smart TV that can provide you with a lot of entertainment. It comes with built-in apps for streaming services such as Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu.
To change the audio output on your LG TV, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on the remote control
- Navigate to Settings > Sound > Audio Output
- Select your desired audio output from the available options
- Press OK to save your changes.
How Do I Get My HDMI ARC to Work?
HDMI ARC is the latest standard for connecting audio devices and TVs. It has been a long time since it was introduced, but there are still some issues that HDMI ARC users have to face.
If you are having trouble getting your HDMI ARC to work, this article will help you out. It provides information on how to troubleshoot your HDMI ARC issue.
HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface, which is an interface used for connecting audio devices and TVs. This interface was first introduced in 1996 and has been the standard ever since then.
Can I Use HDMI ARC And Optical At The Same Time?
In this section, we will discuss the answer to the question: Can I use HDMI ARC and optical at the same time?
HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) is a new feature that allows audio from a TV to be sent back to an A/V receiver. Optical is another type of input that allows you to connect your TV or home theater system directly with your sound system. This means that you can enjoy surround sound without having to use cables.
The answer is yes! You can use both HDMI ARC and optical inputs at the same time without any problems.
MORE ON LG TV:
How To Fix LG TV Screen Not Working (Repair Guide)
How To Fix LG TV Remote Won’t Control Volume (Repair Guide)
How To Fix LG TV-Browser Not Enough Memory
How To Fix LG TV Roku Not Working (Repair Guide)
How To Fix LG TV Netflix Not Working (Repair Guide)
The most common reason for an LG TV HDMI audio not working is that the device isn’t receiving the signal from the source. This can be fixed by using a different HDMI cable or turning off the TV and then back on again.
Another common reason for this issue is that the HDMI audio device has been turned off or disconnected from its input source. If you have any questions please ask using the comments section.