I welcome you as you join this great opportunity, yes I call it a great opportunity because you will gain a lot of information that some people have been looking for. This article creates a lot of chances for you to gather a lot of information.
You will get to see so much information here that will help you in running your device smoothly without any problem. In this article, you will come across all information related to how the computer screen goes black but the computer still running.
Here also you will get to know 4 ways to fix laptop screen goes black but still running, few things to check If your dell or Hp laptop screen goes black, how to stop your screen from going black windows and so on…
Why Would Your Computer Screen Goes Black But Computer Still Running
You may have been wondering for a very long time why would your computer screen goes black but the computer still running, I am telling you now that you should worry no more because I will give you the necessary information that you need to know.
Here, I will give you the reason why your computer screen always goes black even when your computer is still running. So be attentive and go through this article as you will get to know the reason why it happens like that.
A suddenly black screen accompanied by what appears while the computer is still running is most often a symptom that your computer has crashed due to overheating. So overheating is the most common cause of this sudden black screen appearing.
In this case, as you know that your computer always needs good ventilation in order to avoid this problem of overheating. So you should always make sure that the ventilation holes on your computer are not blocked by dust or other dirt.
Another possible reason that can make your computer screen goes black while it still running could be, hardware-related failure and malware. So the aforementioned is possibly the reason that may cause the problem of black screen.
4 Ways To Fix Laptop Screen Goes Black But Still Running
One thing is to get the reason why your laptop screen goes black but the most important thing is to know how to fix the problem. Having known the main reason why your laptop screen also goes black, you should also know how to fix it.
Here, I will give you four different ways in which you can fix the problem of your laptop screen that always goes black while still running. Just follow the steps and get how to fix your computer screen goes black but the computer still running:
Number 1 fixing method
This method deals with recovering data when the screen remains blank or black. The following steps is how to fix your computer screen with this method:
- Select and scan drive: You will select the drive where you lose your data and click scan, then wait patiently until the program finishes scanning and it will find all your lost data on the drive.
- Find and preview found files on the selected drive: You will check deleted files, lost files or use filter and search to find the lost files on the selected hard drive, then you double click to open and check the found files and preview lost hard drive data.
- Recover and save lost hard drive data: You now select all found lost hard drive files and click recover, then browse another secure location to save those files and then click on ok to confirm and finish the recovery process.
Number 2 fixing method
The computer screen goes black but the computer still running, this method is hard resetting the laptop to resolve laptop’s blank screen. To use this method, simply follow the steps described below:
- You will turn off the laptop and remove the laptop from any port replicator or any docking station.
- You will now disconnect all external connected peripheral devices which include USB storage devices, external displays and printers. Now unplug the AC adapter from the laptop device.
- You will now remove all external disks, remove the battery from the battery compartment so with the battery and power cord unplugged, you press and hold the power button for some seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors..
- Now insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop but don’t connect any of the peripheral devices.
- You can now press the power button to turn on the laptop so that the laptop starts normally or a startup menu opens.
- If a startup menu opens, then you use the arrow keys to select start windows normally and finally press enter.
- How To Fix Samsung Note 8 Charging Problem
- How To Do Samsung Note 8 Factory Reset Easily
- How Long To Install Ubuntu From USB & Windows
- How To Switch To HDMI On Laptop Pc 3 Quick Steps
Number 3 fixing method
This method deals with connecting an external monitor to test the display: To use this method, follow the below steps:
- You will first connect an external monitor to the laptop.
- And if the computer screen does not display after the connection on the external monitor, then you press F4 until the screen image displays.
- So if the image displays on the external monitor, there might be a graphics driver conflict with the laptop LCD display so download and install the latest graphic and chipset drivers for your specific computer.
- Also if you can hear sounds of the operation but no image is visible on either of the display screens, you can change a monitor or send the laptop for service.
Number 4 fixing method:
For computer screen goes black but the computer still running, this method deals with resetting the memory modules and fix laptop screen black. To use this method in fixing the problem, simply follow the steps below:
- You first turn off the laptop and then disconnect the power cord but before you begin any procedure, you need to touch a grounded metal object to discharge static electricity.
- Now remove the cover to access the memory.
- You remove memory modules on the laptop.
- You now reinsert all memory modules.
- And finally, perform any tests to verify that the laptop can start up and run in the Windows operating system.
Few Things To Check If Your Dell or Hp Laptop Screen Goes Black
Here you will be able to get those few things that you can be done immediately when your laptop screen gets the problem of black screen. With the information that I will give you here, you will be able to do some things if such a problem occurs.
Now I will give you all that you need to do if eventually your laptop screen suddenly goes blank or black while you are still using it. So the information below states the things that you need to do if you come across this particular problem.
- You will first press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off
- And while still pressing the keys, hold down the power button for a second and then release the power and the keys.
- The power LED light remains on and the screen remains blank for now till about a few seconds before it has finally done.
Now you see what and what you need to do whenever your laptop device screen suddenly develops this kind of fault. Those are simple things you need to do whenever your laptop screen goes blank.
My Laptop Screen won’t Turn On But Has Power What To Do
The computer screen goes black but the computer still running, what you need to do if your laptop screen blackout won’t turn on but has power will be provided here. So if such this happen to you, then carefully follow the procedure below:
If your laptop turns on but has no display, then you can refresh or reset your pc or laptop to reinstall windows without affecting your personal files, apps, or any of your settings. What to do are all follows:
- First press the Windows logo key and L on your keyboard. And this will take you to the windows on your sign-in screen but don’t log in.
- Now reset your pc by holding the shift key while you also click the power button for restart in the lower right corner of the screen. Now your pc will restart in the windows recovery environment.
- And from the optional screens, you should choose the troubleshoot, followed by Reset this PC and then click on next.
- Finally, select the quick option to remove your personal files and then wait for windows to finally open before you follow any of the on-screen instructions
Why Does My Computer Screen Go Black Randomly
This issue is not a new thing as it always arises on the computer screen whenever you are running the computer but if you want to know the reason why. Here you will get the reason why your computer screen goes black randomly.
Occasionally, a poorly designed computer can overheat while using it even if there are no obstructions. Most often for the reason of random screen black is because the CPU is being used heavily for so long time.
Also, the computer screen goes black but the computer still running can be due to malware which also can be the reason for the random black screen. Apart, it can be due to running a CPU-intensive program or game continuously over a long period of time.
If the latter is the case, you surely need a few steps to make sure you make a provision of extra good ventilation. Or rather you should make a provision of air cooling that will be flowing around or through the computer.
Why Does My Screen Black Out Randomly?
It does happen that your computer screen will blank out randomly but it is a minor problem that you will get to know the reason. Here I will provide you with the reason why your computer screen randomly blackout.
One of the reasons for such a black-out screen randomly is a hardware-related issue, that is the overuse of your computer hardware can be a cause for it. So if the hardware is overused then it can overheat and make the screen blackout.
The second reason is malware which remains a possibility, though not to the same degree as has been in the past. The computer screen goes black but the computer still running, so to begin with most malware is not intentionally involved in crashing your computer.
However, as you might imagine malware does not have the quite quantity assurance process that most commercial software has, so it is possible that buggy malware could cause the problem of randomly blacking out of the computer.
How Do I Stop My Screen From Going Black?
The computer screen goes black but the computer still running, for you to avoid this kind of problem of your laptop screen going blank, you will get the kind of information that will help you to stop your laptop from doing such.
If you actually don’t like the way your laptop screen always goes blank and you will want to stop it from occurring. Below are the things that you need to do for you to be able to stop the problem of black screens occurring on your laptop.
- You will first press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off so that it will stop the problem from occurring.
- While still pressing the keys, hold down the power button for a second and then release the power and the keys all together at once.
- The power LED light remains on and the screen remains blank for now till about a few seconds before it is finally done.
Now you see what and what you need to do whenever your laptop device screen suddenly develops this kind of fault. Those are the simple things you need to do whenever your laptop screen goes blank.
So with the above information that I just stated, you will be able to stop your laptop device from blacking out at any time. You can actually share this information with other people that have been encountering such problems.
laptop screen goes black, the monitor randomly goes black and comes back on, the laptop screen goes black but still on, the screen goes black, Computer Screen Goes Black But Computer Still Running