Can you hide a post from someone on Instagram? This is a common question that many people ask themselves.
It is important to know the answer because it can be used for many different reasons. There are a few different ways that you can hide posts from someone on Instagram.
Can You Hide a Post from Someone on Instagram?
Yes, you can hide a post from someone on Instagram as you can choose people to hide your story from. There are actually a couple of things you could do to make your Instagram more secure.
Also, you can possibly make your account private always so that there is a limit to people that you allow to follow you. So with few processes on your account, you can hide your Instagram post away from a particular person that you don’t want to see the post.
How to Hide Posts from Someone on Instagram Without Blocking
You should take note that, hiding your story from someone is different from blocking them and doesn’t prevent them from seeing your profile and posts. And your account’s privacy settings do affect the appearance of your story.
So, to hide posts from someone on Instagram without blocking the person, the following are the steps to follow:
- First, tap your profile picture that is in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Click more options in the top right of the screen and then tap settings.
- Then click on the privacy icon and still tap on a story from there.
- Now click or tap any person or number of people that you want to hide the story.
- After selecting the person, then tap on done or tap back in the top left and that’s all.
With these few steps, you will be able to hide your post from anybody or many people that you don’t want to see your posts.
How to Hide Instagram Posts Without Deleting
If you don’t want some particular person to see your posts or story, you can actually hide the posts even without deleting the posts. It will just prevent them from seeing the posts while you posted the story.
To do that, follow the procedure below;
- Go to your profile by clicking your profile picture at the bottom right of the screen.
- The next step is to click on more options.
- After clicking on more options, you then tap on settings from there.
- Now you click on the privacy icon and also tap on story/post.
- Without deleting the post, just select the person you want to hide the story from at the stage.
- And then, tap or click on done and that’s all.
The above procedure is a guide on how you can hide your post on Instagram without deleting the post or blocking anybody.
How to Show Instagram Posts to Specific Friends
The social media platform Instagram usually provides you with a privacy option that helps to keep your account private or public. So Instagram users with public profiles can make their posts visible to a specific set of audiences.
So for you to show your Instagram post to specific friends, you will need to create close or certain friend lists on your Instagram page. After creating the lists, then you follow the steps below:
- First, create a story that you want to share with your specific or close friends.
- Then, at the bottom of your screen, there are two options which are ‘your story’ and ‘close friend’ story that will appear.
- Tap on the green star icon that is present with close friends and the story will be shared.
- So your story posted with close friends will only be visible to those accounts that you have added to the list.
With that steps, you can now show the Instagram post to specific friends, but you can edit your close friends list whenever you want. Just follow the same procedure, as in navigating to your profile, select the three lines and click on close friends.
Can I See Who Viewed My Instagram?
Actually no, there is no straightforward way for you to check who views your Instagram page. As Instagram does not have an inbuilt feature to let the user check who has viewed their profile and the reason is because of user privacy.
Though there are a ton of applications which are both on the app store and the play store that believe to help view or find your install stalkers which give access to your Instagram account. But these applications might not work so take note of that.
What is a Ghost on Instagram?
Ghosts on Instagram can be termed as ghost followers which are inactive or fake Instagram accounts that are following you. They are contributing to your overall follower count but they never interact with your content.
Can You Soft Block on Instagram?
Yes, you can soft block any of your Instagram followers whenever you like with the inability of their knowledge. For you to soft block someone, you simply block the person and then immediately unblock the person.
The point about the soft block is that you have forced the person to unfollow you without making knowing that. So that way, you can soft block anybody you wish to.
Can You Tell if Someone Restricted You on Instagram?
You might not know if some restricted you on Instagram because you will be seeing their posts in their feed as usual. It’s just that you will no longer see when the user is online or has read their messages.
Does the Airplane Mode Trick Work on Instagram?
Yes, the airplane mode trick can work on Instagram because when you don’t have a cellular connection or wifi, stories can’t count your view. So if you pull off someone’s profile, you can duck into airplane mode.
Then you can turn off your cell signal and return to their page to view their story on their page. It will surely lead, and the user won’t see that you have logged into their viewer’s list and that’s the trick.
How Do You Unsee a Story on Instagram?
The Instagram algorithm is changing the way we consume content and how we are exposed to new ideas.
The first time I saw a story on Instagram, I was scrolling through my feed when a video popped up in the corner of my screen. It was so sudden that I didn’t know what to do with myself; I had never seen anything like it before.
There are many reasons why you might want to “unseen” a story on Instagram, but most people do it because they don’t want to be distracted from their current activity.
You can simply unsee a story on Instagram maybe you accidentally viewed the Instagram story and you don’t want to see it again. Just deactivate your Instagram account for 48 hours since the Instagram story last for 24 hours so you won’t be able to see the story again.
Can You Follow on Instagram but Not See Posts?
Yes, you can surely follow someone on Instagram without seeing any of their posts and that is what is known as a mute mode. And Instagram is billing that mute mode as it new way to personalize your feed.
So Instagram gets a new feature that allows users to stop seeing posts from accounts that they are following without actually unfollowing such users. So that is the mute mode setting.
How Do You Hide Someone’s Posts on Instagram 2022?
The following are the steps or procedures that you need to follow if you want to hide someone’s post on Instagram 2022;
- The first step to take is for you to open your Instagram application.
- After opening your Instagram application successfully, you toggle over your profile.
- Now click the three stacked lines in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- After that, you need to click on the settings icon.
- The next step is for you to select the Privacy icon.
- And then at the privacy icon, you now tab the account privacy.
- The last step is to toggle on the private account option and that’s all.
With the aforementioned procedure, you can now hide someone’s posts on your Instagram application 2022.
Can I Limit What a Friend Sees on Instagram?
The answer to this question is yes, and no.
Yes, you can limit what a friend sees on Instagram by following these steps:
- Go to the profile of the person you want to limit what they see.
- Tap on “Followers” from their profile.
- Tap “Follow” if you don’t want them to see your posts.
I can also No, you cannot limit what a friend sees on Instagram if you are not following them.
Actually no, you cannot limit what a friend sees on Instagram because Instagram does not allow you to make a selective public post. So you can only make your complete profile to be on a public or private setting.
Conclusively, you can hide a post from someone on Instagram as you can choose people to hide your story from. There are a couple of things you could do to make your Instagram more secure.
Also, you can make your account private always so that there is a limit to people that you allow to follow you. So with few processes on your account, you can hide your Instagram post away from a particular person that you don’t want to see the post.