Apple TV has so many features and is lightweight, small to carry around, and easy to set up. It also has the ability to connect reliably with Wi-Fi or other networks. It can be frustrating for your entire household to have an issue with iTunes or Netflix access. That is especially unfortunate when you want to show off your favorite shows and movies on the big screen but cannot find a way to connect.
Apple TV has an issue with WiFi connectivity that many users are having, and it can be frustrating for everyone. This guide will outline the major causes and help you fix the Apple TV WiFi keeps disconnecting problem.
Why Does Apple TV WiFi Keep Disconnecting
The Apple TV has its share of problems, but it comes with a lot of features that make it worth using. Sometimes the streaming device will not connect to WiFi or the internet, but overall it is worth getting.
Here are five reasons why the Apple TV can be experiencing these issues:
- Apple TV is too close to your router.
- Apple TV needs to be on a 2.4GHz band or 5GHz band.
- Apple TV is too far from your router.
- Your router doesn’t have enough bandwidth for Apple TV.
- Apple TV needs to be rebooted.
How to fix Apple TV WiFi Keeps Disconnecting
Apple TV can sometimes be frustrating to use, but it’s still a great device. Not only is it limited in its selection of apps and content, but its WiFi connection has some problems when connecting properly.
If your Apple TV WiFi/Internet keeps disconnecting or won’t connect, you may need to reset the network settings. Here are some tips to help you fix the problem!
- Make sure you are connected to a strong wireless network with good signal strength.
- To check if your router is connected to the internet, open up a web browser and type in the IP address of your router (this is usually 192.168.1.1). If that doesn’t work contact your ISP.
- Check in Settings on the Apple TV to make sure that it has a good signal strength and is connected to your WiFi network.
- Turn off both the Apple TV and WiFi on your iPhone/iPad and then turn them both back on again, wait 10 seconds, then try connecting again.
If your device cannot be compatible with Apple TV 4K, contact your internet provider to determine if a less expensive device could be used instead. The Apple TV 4K supports a variety of devices, which are listed on their compatibility page.
Apple TV WiFi keeps disconnecting or won’t connect? Here are some solutions that you can try.
- Reset network settings on your Apple TV.
- Reboot your router and Apple TV.
- Reset your Apple TV to factory settings.
- Check the power levels of the router and Apple TV.
- Check the power levels of your modem.
- Connect a different Ethernet cable to the modem and/or router.
- Try a different WiFi channel.
If you experience WiFi disconnecting or not connecting on your Apple TV, you may want to try the following troubleshooting steps.
- Ensure that your router is working properly and that the internet is connected.
- Ensure that your Apple TV is connected to a Wi-Fi network with a strong signal.
- Check if there are any other devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV and disconnect them if necessary.
- If you have an iPhone or iPad, try turning off Airplane Mode so that it can connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV and stop disconnecting/not connecting in the future.
If your Apple TV WiFi keeps disconnecting, this guide will help you fix Apple TV WiFi/Internet problems. It is because of the many different factors that may have caused the issue.
This guide will help you fix your Apple TV WiFi issue and get it back to working order. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.