This article will give you the steps to troubleshoot AirPods mic not working. Some of the possible causes of AirPods mic not working include software problems, hardware problems, and environmental factors.
However, some users have reported that their AirPods mic is not working properly. This causes problems when they want to use voice commands for Siri or other applications.
What’s an AirPods Mic?
The AirPods Mic is a wireless Bluetooth headset that allows users to answer phone calls by using just their voice. It’s compatible with all iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones.
How to fix AirPods Mic Not Working
The AirPods mic not working is a common problem that many people have faced. On the Apple website, they can provide some solutions to this problem.
One of the solutions is to restart your AirPods. This can be done by holding down both of the AirPod’s buttons for about 10 seconds until you hear a click and then release them.
If your AirPods mic is not working, it could be due to a few different factors:
- If you’re using your headphones for a long time, the battery will eventually drain and shut off the microphone automatically
- If the headset was recently bought and was still in its package, it may need some time to calibrate itself
- If you’re trying to use Siri on an iPhone or iPad with your AirPods on, you will need to make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Another solution is to try a different set of AirPods. If you still cannot get them to work, it may be that your device has run out of battery or that there is something wrong with your device.
The Best Ways to Fix Your AirPods Mic Problems
AirPods have been a great success for Apple, but the AirPods microphone has been a source of concern for many users.
This article discusses some of the most common problems and solutions that you can use to fix your AirPods mic.
The following are some of the most common problems and solutions:
- Problem: Mic not working after pairing with iPhone or iPad. Solution: Remove your AirPods from your iPhone or iPad, then re-pair them with your device.
- Problem: Mic not working after pairing with Mac computer. Solution: Remove your AirPods from your Mac computer, then re-pair them with your device.
- Problem: Mic not working when using voice commands on an iOS device or an Apple Watch. Solution: Use Siri instead
How to Clean AirPods Microphone
When you are using AirPods, it is important to remember that the microphone is on and you should be careful about what you say. Here are some tips for how to clean your AirPods microphone.
- Make sure that the AirPods are off before cleaning them.
- Remove the case from the AirPods and use a soft cloth or paper towel to wipe out any debris or dust particles stuck inside of them.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow out any remaining debris or dust particles from inside of the AirPods case.
- If there is still visible debris after cleaning, try using a cotton swab with alcohol on it and rubbing it over the microphone opening before reinserting them into their case again.
How to Fix AirPods Mic Not Working on WhatsApp
AirPods are one of the most popular headphones in the market. However, they have a few flaws. One of them is their mic not working on WhatsApp.
The first step is to restart your AirPods and then open Whatsapp and try to send a voice message again. If the issue persists, you can go ahead and reset your AirPods by going to Settings>Bluetooth>AirPods then turning off your device and turning it back on again.
How to fix AirPods Mic Not Working Windows 10
The AirPods microphone not working issue is a common problem that many AirPod users face.
This issue can be fixed by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your Windows 10 device.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Apps & Features tab and select the Apple Audio Control from the list of apps.
- Step 3: Select Stop from the list of options.
- Step 4: Now, open your AirPods case and press and hold on each earbud for about 10 seconds until it beeps once. Release it when you hear two beeps in succession.
- Step 5: Disconnect your AirPods from your device and reconnect them again. This will reset them to their factory settings and fix this issue with no further effort required on your part.
If your AirPods are giving you trouble, a few simple steps can help you fix it. First, make sure your AirPods are charged.
If they’re not charging, they won’t be able to stay powered up for long periods. Second, take a look at the battery life indicator on your device and try to find out if it is draining faster than usual.
Third, try to reboot your device by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and then releasing it. This should solve most problems with the AirPods mic, not the working case.